Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/2/2008 6:25:05 PM EDT
For those of you that have both types of stamped receivers, can you see a real difference in accuracy between the regular 1mm receivers, and the 1.6 or 1.5mm chinese? While i'm on the subject, is there then a big difference between the milled, and the thicker stamped receivers? I ask this because I have viewed a slo-motion video of a ak firing, and there seemed to be a lot of receiver-flex.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:52:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I have (or have had) stamped 1mm receivers, stamped 1.6mm receivers, and milled receivers. Keep in mind that a "true" accuracy comparison is difficult, as many factors go into accuracy. You'd really have to compare a 1mm stamped AK to a 1.6mm or milled AK by the same manufacture.

But to my understanding, a thicker stamped receiver (i.e. 1.5mm or 1.6mm) is "supposed" to mimic the torsional ridgidity of a milled receiver. Less receiver flex.....hence the accuracy is "in theory" increased. However, any accuracy improvement would be extremely minimal. My best estimate would be maybe a 0.25" tighter group at 100 yds.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 7:32:28 PM EDT
[#2]
My Bulgarian 74 on a 1.6 shoots 5.5" ten shot groups at 200 yards with 7N6 and 4.0" five shot groups of Barnaul 60 grain lead core.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:23:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the responses guys, anybody else with any first-hand experience?
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 2:30:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Both my Yugo UF and my Yugo fixed stock have 1.6mm receivers and they hold up to my Bulgarian SLR-95 in accuracy. But these are the only stamped receiver AK's that ive personally shot that WILL hold up in accuracy with my milled SLR-95.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 6:53:51 PM EDT
[#5]
This is a 25ft. pistol target shot at a measured 50 meters with a Polytech AKS to sight it in. I find that my chinese rifles are the most accurate of the AKs I've owned
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top