Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 11/20/2012 5:15:33 AM EDT
I just bought some of the steel 30 round mags, from Classic Arms, and to my surprise they all held the bolt open after the last round.  

Does anyone know what country these are from?   http://www.classicfirearms.com/accessories/30rd-eastern-block-ak-mag
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:17:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Some Yugoslavian 30rd steel magazines in 7.62x39mm were manufactured to be bolt hold open.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:18:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Is it preferred to have the bolt open follower?  I always hear of this option on the forums and didn't know if it was a negative thing or not?
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 6:21:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Only works on the Yugo M64 that has the required catch to make it work. Otherwise it performs no differently to any other Commbloc AK mag.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 8:48:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Only works on the Yugo M64 that has the required catch to make it work. Otherwise it performs no differently to any other Commbloc AK mag.

What about the M70?

It should, I'm thinking, stop any bolt in its tracks, so to speak. So, why only the Yugo? Perhaps you're right, I don't know, but I'll have to check it out, and see.

@OP, were all of the mags BHO, Yugo, mags? And, how many, if you don't mind me asking?

Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:46:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Mine are BHO & work fine in my WASR's.  Have to mod the safety to keep the bolt back when taking the mag out but  locks back on every empty mag.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 10:50:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh wait, I thought you were talking about the mags with the side cut for the separate BHO mechanism.

My bad!

Yes, the folower with the square back will work on any 7.62 AK.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:15:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I got 7 Yugos out of an order of ten recently from Classic Firearms. One of the mags was for the M64 with the follower replaced. IT was quite a nice surprise at that price.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 12:22:54 PM EDT
[#8]
I just ordered 5. See what I get.
Link Posted: 11/20/2012 4:18:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What about the M70?

It should, I'm thinking, stop any bolt in its tracks, so to speak. So, why only the Yugo? Perhaps you're right, I don't know, but I'll have to check it out, and see.

@OP, were all of the mags BHO, Yugo, mags? And, how many, if you don't mind me asking?

I bought 6 and all of them held the bolt open on my AES-10B.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 12:39:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Well the 5 I just got are not BHO followers. Standard followers sunk into the mag.  Maybe you got a fluke batch, IDK....
They are however in nice shape.
Link Posted: 11/23/2012 3:20:21 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well the 5 I just got are not BHO followers. Standard followers sunk into the mag.  Maybe you got a fluke batch, IDK....
They are however in nice shape.

I must have just got real lucky when they reached into the bin.  I didn't even need to clean them.
Page AK-47 » Magazines
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top