BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/11/2007 6:28:11 PM EDT
In a moment of weakness I ordered the Arsenal video:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16545&cat=267&page=1

At barely over 13 minutes is it worth the price? Maybe.

There are several interesting scenes of inspection and testing, including one where the weapon has to fire a continuous 200 rounds on full auto without cooking off any rounds from the next magazine.

Most of the scenes are with the milled guns, so if you own an SA M7....

There are torture tests, including freezing a milled AK to minus 50 degrees Centigrade, burying it in dirt, and dunking it in a muddy pond several times. Of course the gun works.

Probably the most interesting section, though, is the expected accuracy.

Arsenal rifles are expected--at the factory and in a special firing jig--to fire four rounds within a 15cm circle at 100 meters.

There are several scenes of firing Arsenal AK's with the Bulgarian underbarrel grenade launcher and on full auto.

You can also clearly see that the plain muzzle nut ain't NO flash hider!

I've had the video one day and I've watched it three times already.

Link Posted: 10/12/2007 12:02:55 PM EDT
[#1]
15 cm (100yds) is approximately 6" = 6 moa which is consistant with published data for AKs

For an AR, the same Mil-spec requirement is 5" (@ 91 yds) = 5 moa (approximate)
Page AK-47 » Bulgarian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top