Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/12/2005 7:38:05 PM EDT
I believe that recent ATF decision to cease the importation of barrels due to the "non-sporting " issue is just the first step.  I think that the next step will be no more single stack rifles imported, like WASR's, SLR 105 etc. that are converted stateside.  To some anti gun goverment type these are a "loophole" that needs to be plugged.

With my tinfoil hat firmly on and flame suit zipped up, tell me what do you think?
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:46:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Probably, but it'll be another couple years. They never do these things too close together. People would start to notice that we're getting fucked over then.
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 7:49:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I believe that recent ATF decision to cease the importation of barrels due to the "non-sporting " issue is just the first step.  I think that the next step will be no more single stack rifles imported, like WASR's, SLR 105 etc. that are converted stateside.  To some anti gun goverment type these are a "loophole" that needs to be plugged.

With my tinfoil hat firmly on and flame suit zipped up, tell me what do you think?

It would take an act of congress or something done by the president, neither of which will happen until the next presidential election.

After that is the big What IF.

Ben
Link Posted: 8/12/2005 8:11:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure it would take an act of Congress or the President.  The sporting clause of the 68 GCA is already used to prevent importation of certain firearms.  Not hard to imagine a decision to stop new permits for AK rifles as "non-sporting"
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 3:00:45 AM EDT
[#4]
And it would'nt be the "Next step".. The government has been flushing our gun rights for a long long time...
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 5:28:19 AM EDT
[#5]
I think its time for a revolution. And while we're at it, Let's take thier guns from them and see how safe they feel. I mean seriously, If they banned all guns wouldnt that mean no off duty special service guys or cops would be able to have guns, I think so. Bet ole Dubya will be real safe then and how about people like Bob Nardelli (CEO of home depot) and Ted Turner and Donald Trump, They better go hire karate champs cause with no guns shit I may even take a go at em.ho
Link Posted: 8/13/2005 7:56:50 AM EDT
[#6]
Well lets start a revolution then!!!!!!!!!
Can you guy's loan me some gas money so I can get to the revolution????

On a serious note buy now or you'll be sorry later it's gonna get rough.....
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top