Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/2/2006 8:57:19 PM EDT
As I posted in another thread these appear to never having been fired. When I order Pam said that they had raised the price $20 on the dark bores because they had been taken better care of. After I swab the cosmo out of the bores they look as good as the Romy G's.

Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:06:34 PM EDT
[#1]
When did you order these?  I ordered one week ago, received them yesterday.  The bores didn't look too great.  Sounded like what everyone else had experienced.  
Link Posted: 3/2/2006 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I order on Thursday. Called the number for Pam or Lois. If you call the number on there web site you get cataloge sales and they ship out what Pam or Lois discard. In other words those two women are doing hand picks.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 6:03:33 PM EDT
[#3]
So when you called Pam how did you ask here to pick your kit? did you say you were ar15.com member or what? What is their phone #? You noted she said the price went up 20.00 .For which kits? I'm looking to buy one of the underfolders and would like a nice one.
Link Posted: 3/3/2006 8:18:06 PM EDT
[#4]
The number for Pam or Lois is 1-800-915-3346. I told her that I was a member of Gunboards.com of which they have been a sponsor a long time. The $20  price increase was on the fixed dark bore. They had been $89 and are now $109. on the UF they list two grades dark bore for $139, and $159 with some freckling. I lucked out and got an all matching numbers, unused. On both rifles the bolts show no wear, front trunnions appear to not even had the bolt in. All bluing still present. Not a wear mark on the rear block or spring. Most of the dings in the wood are fresh and probably occured during demilling.

If you decide to order from them talk nice and ask them too find you a nice one. Pam acted like she has a personnel stash for nice people that call.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 6:54:32 AM EDT
[#5]
When I asked what the hand pick charge was it was $20 per rifle.

I ordered 2 underfolder and 2 fixed stock RPK kits but did not speak to anyone in particular...Hope mine are ok.
Link Posted: 3/4/2006 8:03:53 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
When I asked what the hand pick charge was it was $20 per rifle.

I ordered 2 underfolder and 2 fixed stock RPK kits but did not speak to anyone in particular...Hope mine are ok.

your RPK,s will probrobly be more than dark bore I just sent mine back yesterday all matching #,s but the last 3" of the bbl had no rifleing lets say it did not pass the bullet test, cross your fingers on those maybee one of the two will be a builder
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top