Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/8/2006 7:46:57 AM EDT
Posts are now getting locked because members are bumping their posts 'HOURS' too early.    Shades of gunsnet .....  I'm a firm believer of rules, but I think ' hours' is a little crazy.

No, it wasn't my post either.  Just a general observation of locked posts this morning.
Am I being too sensitive?

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:57:00 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 7:57:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Instead of activating accounts their busy cracking down on the EE, its been two weeks since i sent in my payment
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Well mine got locked...I looked at the day not they hour 1/5, 1/8

So do I repost?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:13:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a rifle for sale and bumped it to early and it was locked also...
Rules.......Now what is that again????????????????????????

ETA: left a word out..
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:16:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Why are they locking SPF threads as sold...I have seen alot where people need to come back and edit or post?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:24:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Instead of activating accounts their busy cracking down on the EE, its been two weeks since i sent in my payment

That is a troubling thought.

Maybe there is a technological solution. If so, it would be better than the spreading of these animosities.

this is just bad practice
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:26:56 AM EDT
[#7]
So now we have to wait exactly 72 hours minimum instead of just 3 days on the calendar...  Wow.  That is some nit-picky shit there.  I have seen some blatant bumping and some guys that sell 6 things and make 6 different posts for them, but locking a thread for a 71 hour bump is BS in my not so humble opinion.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:31:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Are these being locked by the same moderator? Maybe a new moderator?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:33:25 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So now we have to wait exactly 72 hours minimum instead of just 3 days on the calendar...  Wow.  That is some nit-picky shit there.  I have seen some blatant bumping and some guys that sell 6 things and make 6 different posts for them, but locking a thread for a 71 hour bump is BS in my not so humble opinion.

yes, I just don't get it.    Hell, I just look at the days like Rob mentioned.  I don't look at  the hours at all.  

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:44:15 AM EDT
[#10]
This needs to be addressed NOW.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:53:10 AM EDT
[#11]
I was going to finally pony up some cash and get a membership but I think I'll wait and see how this plays out first.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:58:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Seems like Raptor22 is the mod doing most of the locking.  Here is my question, is that 72 hrs from MY last post or the last post in the thread?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:58:47 AM EDT
[#13]
This place is being moderated to shit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 8:59:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

I don't know for sure, but I think they assigned a couple of new moderators and it has gone to one of the guys head.  Next thing you know he will be locking threads down for being a minute off.

The same thing happened here on the AK side a year of two ago when some guy from the AR side wanted to be a moderator and he came over and locked every thread of the AK forum that did not deal with technical questions.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:12:01 AM EDT
[#15]
We need AK guys to moderate AK stuff  and yeah IBTL
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:17:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

The EE mods and staff have NOTHING to do with activation of the team memberships.

Only one person controls that:  Goatboy.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Posts are now getting locked because members are bumping their posts 'HOURS' too early.    Shades of gunsnet .....  I'm a firm believer of rules, but I think ' hours' is a little crazy.

No, it wasn't my post either.  Just a general observation of locked posts this morning.
Am I being too sensitive?

Where's the link?  If the lock is only for being bumped at 71 hours, that's bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:22:36 AM EDT
[#19]
Its like the gun gestapo came aboard all of a sudden........most of it is trivial crap they should be to busy to mess with. What happened....did the AR faction take over....you know they have no sense of humor at all. Lets have our own AK EE moded by AK guys.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:25:08 AM EDT
[#20]
I see the same infractions in the AR and Optics sections and I don't see them cracking down as much there, WTF?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#21]
Anyone else notice the ratio of mods on the AK EE to the number on the AR EE?I think they're fu%$ing with us. We Need Our Own Guys To Moderate THe AK EE!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:29:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:36:38 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Guys, you are just going to have to realize that we are definitely considered the black sheep around here.

The Avillas were kind enough to give us a place after the Gunsnet implosion, but we have to follow their rules.

This is true,but,we've contributed alot to this site.If you'll notice,its Team Members voicing their concerns about this matter.We get along outstandingly well on the AK side,our Staff is top notch and its not hard to determine the average age of the members,on the AK side,is older and alot more laid back than the Guys on the other side.Yes the Avillas opened their door to us when we needed it but in turn,we've given them the best AK site on the net.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:37:44 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:41:04 AM EDT
[#25]
I know Buddy,I did refer to you as "Top Notch".
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:41:37 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Anyone else notice the ratio of mods on the AK EE to the number on the AR EE?I think they're fu%$ing with us.

I'd suggest loosening the tinfoil A LOT....

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:45:00 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Guys, you are just going to have to realize that we are definitely considered the black sheep around here.

The Avillas were kind enough to give us a place after the Gunsnet implosion, but we have to follow their rules.

This is true,but,we've contributed alot to this site.If you'll notice,its Team Members voicing their concerns about this matter.We get along outstandingly well on the AK side,our Staff is top notch and its not hard to determine the average age of the members,on the AK side,is older and alot more laid back than the Guys on the other side.Yes the Avillas opened their door to us when we needed it but in turn,we've given them the best AK site on the net.

I agree with you John, great info, easy going members, top notch mods who are AK guys first and mods second.  

I can understand the AR side needing this.  Their part of the EE is much busier than ours.  Hell, 72 hours and a rifle is still on the first page.  Bumping that a few hours early doesn't move anyone off of the front page.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:46:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Hello SHIVAN,I never see you posting on the AK side.What brings you over here now?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:47:50 AM EDT
[#29]
You mean there's an AR side of this board?
Go mention another gun platform on the 1911 board, talk about power tripping immaturity.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:51:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:52:53 AM EDT
[#32]
BTT
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:53:24 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Okay, point taken.

Everyone relax and let me address the issue of having AK moderators within the AK EE forums.

KF

You da' man!
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 9:54:04 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:07:34 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Raptor22
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:08:08 AM EDT
[#36]
If a seller responds to an important question or ommision or inaccuracy in his post, he should NOT have to wait 72 hours. New viewers of his/her post have a right to the new info or corrections.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:14:08 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Raptor22

and munyguru
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:20:58 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
If a seller responds to an important question or ommision or inaccuracy in his post, he should NOT have to wait 72 hours. New viewers of his/her post have a right to the new info or corrections.

Edit the original post.  There is no reason to carry on a conversation within your EE thread.  That kind of banter is better kept in IM.  The thing that bothers me is that there is a lot of posts being locked right now and I would hate to see the EE run by "BTT nazis".  I am not saying that we are at that point yet, but I would hate to see this place turn into a facsimile of Goonsnet.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:27:41 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edit the original post.  There is no reason to carry on a conversation within your EE thread.  That kind of banter is better kept in IM.  The thing that bothers me is that there is a lot of posts being locked right now and I would hate to see the EE run by "BTT nazis".  I am not saying that we are at that point yet, but I would hate to see this place turn into a facsimile of Goonsnet.

Good point. Hadnt though that.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:34:57 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:45:51 AM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:48:44 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
What brings you over here now?

The sound of grown men crying and sniveling.

BTW, I've paid my way and the way of many others here.

I believe this forum is covered in my Team Membership, no?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:51:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:54:36 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
*jumps on Shivan*  Come down man, its ok... let it go... hey... have you been working out?

What's funny is I am all about supporting them about the 12 hour thing...

What I'm not about is just making shit up, like blaming EE mods for team membership upgrades being "late".

However, I'm sure it's all a grand conspiracy and I am really just here to further the plan by the "Man".

Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:56:47 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Sometimes though, people do get a little itchy with the lock key.

10,000% agreed.  The 60 hour lock is BS, but I'm sure this could be handled better than calling out team members and mods....

Right?
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:00:13 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:13:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:This is true,but,we've contributed alot to this site.If you'll notice,its Team Members voicing their concerns about this matter.We get along outstandingly well on the AK side,our Staff is top notch and its not hard to determine the average age of the members,on the AK side,is older and alot more laid back than the Guys on the other side.Yes the Avillas opened their door to us when we needed it but in turn,we've given them the best AK site on the net.

I think i finally relized why their so uptight.. Its all them damn break downs and jams their so called ar15's give them, hell if i had to clear a jam every other round i guess i'd be all wound up too. I own five AR's but there beauty safe queens, keeps me more sane that way.
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:14:31 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 1/8/2006 11:17:46 AM EDT
[#50]
I had an ad on there get locked because I responded to a guys question with a reply on the thread... "BTT Violation"

I guess I'm supposed to wait 72 hours to answer questions
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top