Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 7/27/2005 6:44:04 AM EDT
The member here who goes by TheKater has taken it upon himself to make it his personal mission to destroy the reputation of EliteFireArms because his Cyrillic markings were botch. Elite has admitted it was a bad job and offered to pay for the repair by a smith of his choice.

Not good enough, he made a smear thread AFTER the offer was made.... Anyways, I'm sure you have all read the BS and his anal vendetta that he carries.

The problem is what effect all this whining and bitching is having on other vendors such as Atlantic Firearms and Military Gun Supply (Sponsors of this website)

Not only does it hurt the sales of EliteFireArms, but all the many companies they supply rifles for.

So if this website wants to let this one member hurt the sales of two paying sponsors... Then GO FOR IT!  Because that's exactly what is happening.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:52:22 AM EDT
[#1]
In before the lock.

Not good enough, he made a smear thread AFTER the offer was made.... Anyways, I'm sure you have all read the BS and his anal vendetta that he carries.

What i saw was a guy with a fucked up rifle post some pics of it, with no smith name, and the smith promptly remove his offer to pay to fix the rifle.

Sound about right?

You, or your vendor, fucked up. Deal with it.

So if this website wants to let this one member hurt the sales of two paying sponsors... Then GO FOR IT! Because that's exactly what is happening.

You need to understand that any effect of this is squarely on elite firearms. All they have to do is pop in and say "We fucked up, we'll pay to fix it, and in the future we will make sure we can do exactly what the customer wants or we wont agree to do it."

Thats it man. Thats all they have to do. Instead we get some question mark 'defending' them by posting a bunch of stuff like this. If thats how elite operates, then thats one more reason for me not give them my business.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 6:57:23 AM EDT
[#2]
This argument is a losing battle and has been documented on several thread, forgive me if I don't oblidge in anymore Jerry Springer he said, she said.

Just remember that when sales are down for some paying sponsors and they don't renew their advertising, be sure and thank all the ass clowns like THEKATAR.

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:11:17 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
This argument is a losing battle and has been documented on several thread, forgive me if I don't oblidge in anymore Jerry Springer he said, she said.

Just remember that when sales are down for some paying sponsors and they don't renew their advertising, be sure and thank all the ass clowns like THEKATAR.

IBTL and Tagged
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:31:26 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

No, you are fighting a losing battle as it has been well documented they have fucked up alot more than once.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:40:30 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No, you are fighting a losing battle as it has been well documented they have fucked up alot more than once.

+1
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:45:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#7]
I have no sympathy, they screwed up and they are reaping the results.

all in favor of not caring say aye
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 7:55:07 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
So "dealers, paying members"  should have a different set of rules than everone else, BS.  Mistakes happen, we are all human BUT when companys keep on handing out the bone time and time again, well, sucks to be them. Your rep on the net is way more important than you can imagine, word travels like wild fire.

If you want gag orders, might as well head over to goonsnet.

Read my mind.....
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 8:28:37 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The problem is what effect all this whining and bitching is having on other vendors such as Atlantic Firearms and Military Gun Supply (Sponsors of this website)

Not only does it hurt the sales of EliteFireArms, but all the many companies they supply rifles for.

So if this website wants to let this one member hurt the sales of two paying sponsors... Then GO FOR IT!  Because that's exactly what is happening.

So what guns fo you supply to these 2 companies??  
Here is a chance to tell us just how good your guns are.

What is hurting the sponsors, is your reputation for poor customer service and
the well documented past experiences from customers that were not happy with
your services or products.

Maybe the 2 sponsors need to reveiw who they get their product from, because if that supplier is
hurting their reputation, that would indirectly cost them business, and possibly damage their
reputation as a dealer of your product.

You need to drop your attitude, and get with the concerned party with the problem,
and make it right at any cost...even if you have to take loss on it.

Keep this up, and you will soon be in the same group of assclowns as Todd bailey and Gary "The Gooch."

From what i have seenand read in the threads on this subject,
I personally would not purchase a firearm fron your company.

KyARGuy

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:01:02 AM EDT
[#10]
GunBid, go back and read the original posts on this - it's a LOT more than Cyrillic markings.  Did you forget 8416w's issues, as well?

Also:

So if this website wants to let this one member hurt the sales of two paying sponsors... Then GO FOR IT! Because that's exactly what is happening.

I wholeheartedly agree.  Site Staff, please lock GunBid's account, as he's making Elite Firearms look even worse than their shoddy workmanship did.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:09:51 AM EDT
[#11]
aye
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:19:10 AM EDT
[#12]
Oh wait - Elite Firearms isn't a paying sponsor of this site.

My bad.

Atlantic and MGS - well, they'll be around long after we've all forgotten about questionable "smiths" such as Elite.

And, thank you for letting us know that Atlantic and MGS sell Elite's products - we can keep that in mind when we order something from either of those two excellent retailers, and through our money, they'll quickly learn to not stock Elite's merchandise.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:23:26 AM EDT
[#13]
IBTL

I don't really think the Cyrillic writing on the AK was a big deal, good of Gunbid to offer to fix it.

Ben
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:49:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
If you want gag orders, might as well head over to goonsnet.

Exactly.  We shouldn't let anyone post bad experiences about vendors, and surely not about site sponsors...Do the words Joe Ken/gunsnet mean anything?  Or will my computer explode if I type those names?

(Edited to just the facts)
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
IBTL

I don't really think the Cyrillic writing on the AK was a big deal, good of Gunbid to offer to fix it.

Ben

I did not buy the fucking gun from Gunbid. I dealt directly with "Diamond" Dave. Gunbid just stuck his fucking nose into it and now he doesn't like the fact it got swatted with a rolled-up newspaper. I have done business with Atlantic Firearms and they are great. Many people on this board have done business with me and all deals have gone well. I am a Team Member and I support the site, what about you Gunbid?

Sounds to me like you and Diamond Dave are starting to feel the heat for putting profit above service. I will continue to post links to people who have had bad dealings with Elite. If Diamond Dave is so proud of his quality craftsmanship he should be happy for all of the publicity.

Oh yeah, IBTL...
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 9:55:17 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
IBTL

Ben

GunBid is not Elite Firearms.  He's alluded to the fact that he's a dealer that "makes good money" selling Elite's so-called guns.

In the original thread, Elite offered to fix the work, or pay to have another smith fix it, then welched on the deal.  I don't consider a smith offering to fix his mistake as particularly "good of him".  I consider that part and parcel of the entire build process - you pay somebody to do something, correctly.  It's his responsibility to make it right, if it's a mistake.

And, the Cyrillic on the AK WAS a big deal.  It was horribly done, incorrectly done, and it looked comical.  Anyone who did that quality of work should be ashamed of themselves.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
IBTL

Ben

it is when thats the job, not to mention several other things he had payed him to do.
if i pay you to paint my walls red and you paint them blue and you do a crappy splotchy job doing it not to mention busting a few small holes in the wall- i'm not paying you and you have to fix it. just how buissness goes. you get what you pay for.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:15:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Lets add Tapco to the list of sponsors whose sales are hurt by this sort of behavior, yes Elite buys many thousands of dollars worth of Tapco parts.

As the owners of this website will soon see, TheKatar and his antics have become quite a liability, over what.

Some Cyrillic markings.

Three sponsors with sales on the line, and TheKatar's who is using the website as leverage.

I'll bet new companies will certainly be attracted to this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:20:04 AM EDT
[#19]
It looks like the only one coming out of this smelling like shit is Elite Firearms.

I read alot of the information on this board and nothing but rave reviews for Atlantic, MGS, and Tapco.

What exactly is your affiliation with Dimond Dave?  Why do you have such a hard-on for him?  The weapon looks like junk.  Dave got pissed when he got called out for it.

"using the website as leverage"

That sounds like GoonsNet language to me.  Are you a GoonsNet member?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:26:48 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Lets add Tapco to the list of sponsors whose sales are hurt by this sort of behavior, yes Elite buys many thousands of dollars worth of Tapco parts.

As the owners of this website will soon see, TheKatar and his antics have become quite a liability, over what.

Some Cyrillic markings.

Three sponsors with sales on the line, and TheKatar's who is using the website as leverage.

Blah blah, the door is that way ---->

One of the reason's I appreciate this site is that these kind of issues always get worked out.

If I wanted abritrary banning of members who had shoddy work done, I'd go to Goonsnet and buy something from JoKen...hey you probably stock HIS stuff too, huh?

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:27:38 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm sorry but I just had to ask what is (IBTL)????
I keep seeing it around and I have no clue what it means.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=3&f=118&t=242923
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:31:48 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Some Cyrillic markings.

Tapco, Atlantic and MGS aren't stupid - it's not TheKatar's "antics" that are becoming a liability to their sales.  It's a smith who produces shoddy work, and doesn't stand behind it that's the liability.

It's sure nice that Elite is SUUUUCH a big customer of Tapco's.  I'm not even a smith or FFL, and I've spent "thousands of dollars" at parts vendors.  Big whoop.

If Elite goes out of business, another company will step up to take up the "slack" created by the "loss" of Elite.

Atlantic and MGS can buy rifles for resale from quality smiths, like Newton Firearms, Ohio Rapid Fire, InRange C2, Red Jacket Firearms and many more.

FWIW - TheKatar is a paying member of this site.  You're not.  Does this convey any more "rights"?  Not really, but at the same time, TheKatar is also a supporter of this website, like Atlantic and MGS.  Keep that in mind.  You, a non-paying apparently has a vendetta against a paying member, and are, by your attempt at censoring/locking him, negatively impacting the site.

This site has never made a habit of censoring members, paying or otherwise, over legitimate issues with vendors or sellers.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:32:47 AM EDT
[#24]
Thanks 1Gunner that was helpfull.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:34:42 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Some Cyrillic markings.

I am sure Hesse, Vulcan and Joeken buys Tapco products,so does that mean we shouldnt talk bad about them?
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:37:13 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

IBTL - In Before The Lock

People know when a thread is headed downhill, like this one - they will post before the thread is locked.

Gunbid needs to get a life - "this thread affecting Tapco's sales" - he is as full of shit as a Christmas Turkey.

If a craftsman screws up customer property, then said craftsman has to make it good.  Go to court sometime and watch what judges do to scheisters who pull this mess in construction.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:41:05 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:53:24 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
"I'll bet new companies will certainly be attracted to this sort of thing."

Yes they are attracted. As long as a good balance of information over attitude is kept, then a free airing and sorting of facts is good for all.

Yeah, I'd think that reputable/honorable companies are definitely attracted to a website that allows the truth to come out.

Reputable/honorable businesses have nothing to fear from the truth, and do not cower from light being shined on their activities, as they have nothing to hide.

Disreputable and dishonorable businesses and their associates encourage censorship, thread locks and member bans/locks when the truth is being presented, in an attempt to hide the truth and salvage their shrinking profit margin.

GunBid posted a comment from Elite Firearms - a comment that they posted on GunsNet.  Why hasn't Elite posted over here?  Why are they relying on one of their customers (poor decision, really) to failingly attempt to cover their butt for them?

If Elite truly believed that they were in the right, they would be over here right now, stepping up, giving their side of the story, and offering to make things right, regardless of "hurt feelings".

Instead, they welched on their promise to make things right.

They could have made things right, and then stepped up and said "see, regardless of all the posts, we did what we, as a reputable business, were supposed to do.  Case Closed."

But they didn't.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:54:13 AM EDT
[#29]
Do you really thinking your helping GunBid?

All you are doing is further driving the stake into the heart of Elite.  Or is that your plan?  That's got to be your plan, because any half way intelligent person would know when helping has turned to hurting.

BTW, what is your companies name or website or GunBroker account name, etc?  I would really love to know that so I can be DAMNED sure to stay clear of it!
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:54:51 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#31]
Hmmmm..
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:02:51 AM EDT
[#32]
GunBid,

Thanks for convincing me to never deal with Elite Firearms.

I'll pass the word along.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:06:27 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:
"I'll bet new companies will certainly be attracted to this sort of thing."

Yes they are attracted. As long as a good balance of information over attitude is kept, then a free airing and sorting of facts is good for all.

If Elite truly believed that they were in the right, they would be over here right now, stepping up, giving their side of the story, and offering to make things right, regardless of "hurt feelings".

Instead, they welched on their promise to make things right.

They could have made things right, and then stepped up and said "see, regardless of all the posts, we did what we, as a reputable business, were supposed to do.  Case Closed."

But they didn't.

Of course. If you go back and read my original thread, you'll see that I am the one that told "Diamond Dave" that I started it and I asked him to post his side of the story. He told me to F off and that he's no longer paying to "make it right."

I seem to recall one or two threads about screwed up Galils from ORF where ORF showed up on the thread, said they would fix it, and did or the guy got his money back.

Hmmm... I believe this is one of them.

It was purchased from Atlantic as well. Doesn't seem to be hurting their business.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:12:13 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Some Cyrillic markings.

I was neutral in this debate til this point . Please quit your crying !! This sort of whining does Elite more harm then good, trust me, look at R-GUNS and That guy who sells the Colt parts to mainly LE.

Thank you for convincing me Elite Firearms is not worth my trouble.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:14:01 AM EDT
[#35]
It looks like whoever owns the website wants to hide their affiliation.

Quoted:
I thought Gunsnet owned a percentage of the online auction site "Gunbid".  I don't know if this Gunbid and that Gunbid are the same though.........

www.gunbid.com/

Domain Namer Ownership Info

"Registrant:
  Domains by Proxy, Inc.
  DomainsByProxy.com
  15511 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
  Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
  United States"

Domains By Proxy Company

"Did you know that for each domain name you register, anyone -
anywhere, anytime - can find out your name, home address, phone
number and email address?

The law requires that the personal information you provide with every
domain you register be made public in the "WHOIS" database. Your
identity becomes instantly available - and vulnerable - to spammers,
scammers, prying eyes and worse.

But now there's a solution: Domains By Proxy!"
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:21:24 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
The member here who goes by TheKater has taken it upon himself to make it his personal mission to destroy the reputation of EliteFireArms because his Cyrillic markings were botch. Elite has admitted it was a bad job and offered to pay for the repair by a smith of his choice.

BTW, to set the record straight:

"Diamond" Dave NEVER admitted his markings were botched - this is news to me! He described my rifle to me on the phone as "picturesque" and when I later confronted him about their appearance he angrily told me that they "were right out of a book!"

That was one of my gripes - he tried to pass this shit off as something great, "custom" selector markings! He never told me that he botched them. I was wondering if he would like to use some of my pictures on his website to show off his ability to reproduce Cyrillic markings?

Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:35:19 AM EDT
[#37]
Oh my.  Gunbid,  you need to take some business courses.  I hope that selling firearms isn't your only job because I am pretty sure that you can't eat an AK.  

And for you to think that AR15.com is anything like the Gun site that supports the likes of Joeken or feels that they can ban people for no reason, you probably don't know too much about AR15.com.  

Most GOOD companies, if they screw a customer over inadvertently, they will make good on the situation.  "Diamond Dave" screwed up in many ways on this.  He obviously doesn't have the talent as a Smith to do what he said he could do.  Now, you can say that I don't have the talent either - and you'd be right - but then again, I don't charge people to do Smith work on guns (but, I do what I do very well and if I screw up, I make sure to make it right for free or I don't charge - and I sleep very well at night knowing that).  

So, if you want to hold up the tear soaked hankey for "Diamond Dave," you should be prepared to accept the consequences of your action.  This isn't a welfare system or a community that is going to deceive the masses into doing business with people who are not credible or who are bad businessmen.

Gunbid, why don't you save yourself some headaches, and answer the question... Are you the "Gunbid" who is hiding behind a proxy from www.gunbid.com?  I know sure as hell I wouldn't deal with a company that had to hide itself like that.   A more legitimate way of doing business would be to set up a company and register the site with a company.  Maybe you want to answer the question of your association with the likes of Gunsnet?  Are you just a member of that board or are you a partner that's allowed to "shill" on that site?  

I hope you get time to answer before they lock the post.   We are waiting in anticipation.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:36:26 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Damn.  What did Diamond Dave use?   A Crayola?

Thanks GunBid.    I will never buy from Elite.   Seems he does quite a bit of bad work.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:41:11 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
It looks like whoever owns the website wants to hide their affiliation.

Quoted:
I thought Gunsnet owned a percentage of the online auction site "Gunbid".  I don't know if this Gunbid and that Gunbid are the same though.........

www.gunbid.com/

Domain Namer Ownership Info

"Registrant:
  Domains by Proxy, Inc.
  DomainsByProxy.com
  15511 N. Hayden Rd., Ste 160, PMB 353
  Scottsdale, Arizona 85260
  United States"

Domains By Proxy Company

"Did you know that for each domain name you register, anyone -
anywhere, anytime - can find out your name, home address, phone
number and email address?

The law requires that the personal information you provide with every
domain you register be made public in the "WHOIS" database. Your
identity becomes instantly available - and vulnerable - to spammers,
scammers, prying eyes and worse.

But now there's a solution: Domains By Proxy!"

Yeah, it's owned by Guns Network.  It's an auction deal through Bonanza.com - you can pay them, and they customize a front-end for you.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:44:38 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 11:49:03 AM EDT
[#41]
Top of the page:

Bottom of the page:

www.GunBid.com - A gun auction site for members of GunsNet.net
Copyright © 2002 - 2005 Guns Network LLC All Rights Reserved

Bonanza provides the back-end service - all of the skill required to actually run an auction website.

The domain/content/administration is handled by the GunsNet appointee.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:24:27 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Some Cyrillic markings.

Are you serious? Did your learn your uberleet manipulation skills on gunsnet? I doubt they'd even tolerate some fool like you.

Like someone else said, dont let the door hit you in the ass on the way out chief.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 12:28:02 PM EDT
[#43]

Some Cyrillic markings.

I'll say this again, maybe it will sink in through the thick skull: This is not just about markings. This is not one buyers fault. Many other companies screw up.

The problem here is caused by 1) shitty work, 2) going back on an offer to fix it, and 3) your ridiculous posts. If i was elite firearms the first thing i would have done would have been a post telling you to cool it.
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:20:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:30:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 1:37:50 PM EDT
[#46]
well........I see the goons have infiltrated here.....GunBid and Joeken

Ban them all!!!!!!
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#47]
I guess we're never going to get an answer to these questions.  Too bad because I think a lot of people would like to know Gunbid's afilliation with these people.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 12:55:32 PM EDT
[#48]
GunBid admitted in another thread to "making good money" from the sales of Elite Firearms rifles.

From that, it would appear that he's an FFL who resells the crap from Elite.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 3:06:07 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

So we should support someone who puts out shoddy work because we might hurt his parts supplier if we don't?

If that's the case -- I've never home-built an AK variant in my life, but I'll buy parts from K-Var and start slapping my "museum masterpieces" together. You guys had better buy them from me when I finish them up, or else K-Var will suffer financial losses.

I'm glad we have the freedom to showcase different builders' work here. I got burned out of an AK-103 clone rifle by Gary Gucciano (SAI) due to the fact that I saw all of the positive posts on AK-47.nutz and thought that he must be a great builder. Little did I know that any criticisms were quickly deleted so as not to hurt his business.
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 5:46:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Thekatar,

That looks like he stuck it in a typepress and kept banging the "A, B, and E" keys and the went over it with some White-Out. That looks horrible.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top