Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 7:11:41 PM EDT
For making one hellova nice receiver to work with!  I put this little baby together tonight on DCI's/Nodakspuds' Yugo M72 receiver and man, just look at it!  This thing was easy to do, next to no receiver tweeking to get things right.  I did have to cut the rails back a tiny bit so the front trunion would seat flush with the front, but that was it.  No other "fitting" required.  The kit itself is in such a condition that I only plan to have the receiver blued, but I had to push it together for the pics.  Tomorrow I'll pull the barrel and the other parts to have it refinished, but for now I will drool!  What do you think guys?

Brick

Link Posted: 4/14/2006 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#1]
that's a mighty nice riveting jig you've got there
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:04:08 AM EDT
[#2]
that is a damn nice rivet jig.
I'm still putting my RPK together on a DCI
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:09:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 7:34:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Need more photos and info on the jig!!
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:00:12 AM EDT
[#5]
Thats funny, everyone else wants to see the jig too.

Brick

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:17:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Did you make it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 9:50:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Now that is cool, also nice RPK you have.

They look alot better than mine.

FREE

Quoted:
Thats funny, everyone else wants to see the jig too.

Brick

www.hunt101.com/img/396539-big.JPG
www.hunt101.com/img/396536-big.JPG
www.hunt101.com/img/396537-big.JPG

Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:07:03 AM EDT
[#8]
No, I did not build them.  I had a machinest friend do it in exchange for building some of his kits for him.  He told me to tell everyone that he made them and then died!

Anyway, I designed them somewhat after my plinker jig.  I found a few things about the plinker jig I didn't like and changed them.  First off, square.. not round.  The squeezer bars will not spin or rotate to give a slanted shop head.  Plus, now that they are square, they can be quick change (no set screws needed)!  Bigger support cup so more of the receiver is supported and you get no corner indentations from the small cup support.

The box jig was simple, but I had to modify it to make room for the other rivet heads.  It works best when the receiver is flat on the bottom, the large screw holding it tight to the bottom.  The underside head is supported by a cupped set screw so that holds the rivet from sliding away from the receiver as I begin to press the shop head.

Brick  
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:12:40 AM EDT
[#9]
Oh ya,  notice the bar that holds the squeezer arms.  Its face is flush with the side walls.  This allows you to get the receiver as close as possable to the jig to minimise squeezer arm flexing and fatigue.

Brick
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:14:05 AM EDT
[#10]
its kind of funny everyone ignores the kick ass RPK
but everyone wants to know all the details on those jigs.
go tell his grave I'll build some kits in exchange for a set of those jigs.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 10:23:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Geez, those jigs are just too damn new and pretty to use - but matches the condition of your shop press.  And what's up with the nice wood paneling and carpet ? Don't tell me that's your workshop

Very nice RPK.  They are as much fun to shoot as they are to build.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top