Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/29/2003 12:03:40 PM EDT
I just received my long awaited AKS-74 back from repairs from Troy of In-Range...originally aborted by the 4 Seasons Gunsmith known as the Gooch.

I will have a range report within a week hopefully. I am still trying to find a good local indoor range that prevents me from going to the facist Carter's Country outdoor range...forward grips on AR-15 post-bans are illegal?!? So they say...
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 12:07:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Pics, pics.......we gotta see pics.

Congratulations on receiving your rifle after such a long wait.

KF
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 1:13:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Soon soon my friend...I already do have pics of it wearing the Chinese Type-88 furniture and the standard Bulgarian blk polymer from when it arrived from the KAG. The remaining photos will be of it wearing the Bulgarian blonde wood, Russian cherry wood, and Russian AK-100 series folder w/1p29.

I need the Russian wood upper refinished to match first, and the 100 butt to be fitted to my rear trunnion and it's done. Soon soon.
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Congrats David,you've waited a looooong time to finally get a working masterpiece!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:34:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Here are the photos I took just after receiving it back from the KAG. The only noticeable difference now(other than it actually works), is the addition of a Saiga side rail(not pictured).

Bulgarian polymer:

Chinese Type-88:

My M4a1 just for a touch of "color":

Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:38:46 PM EDT
[#5]
What was wrong with it when you got it back from Gochie Goo?
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 4:55:33 PM EDT
[#6]

...forward grips on AR-15 post-bans are illegal?!? So they say...

Who the hell is saying that?! What a bunch of assclowns. I really don't understand all this bullshit about forward grips. People use many different things to support there weapon like bipods or slings, is a vertical grip really that much different on the forend of a rifle? What makes that feature so "evil"? Doesn't anyone with half a brain want a shooter to have "control" over thier weapon, how about we only use one hand to hold the rifle now, would that make it look less evil? F*CKERS!!!
Link Posted: 10/29/2003 11:31:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Headspace was one problem. I strongly suggest checking this for anyone who received a barreled rec.
He did nothing about modifying the original .223 feed ramp to feed 5.45mm So it never functioned more than single shots unless you got lucky with the left column in the mag which sometimes fed.

For two years it sat in the exact condition you see in the photos above, untouched. I should never have sent it back that SECOND time two years ago. mmmph.
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 3:56:31 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 1:20:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Here are my recent pics of it dressed up like an AK-74M w/1p29 scope.

Izhevsk plum mag and bayo

Bulgarian 74 blonde wood, brown mag
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 4:57:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Damn,she's got nice clothes!
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 5:01:10 AM EDT
[#11]
Kinda like Barbie dolls there, more accessories and outfits. Where's Ken??
Link Posted: 11/2/2003 7:01:35 AM EDT
[#12]
Awesome!  
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top