Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 5/1/2009 1:19:02 PM EDT
I have been asked to by a friend to help him build a Krinkov kit he bought. Unfortunately for me he bought a an Ohio Ordnance 5.45 receiver . I am wondering if anyone has a downloadable template for the receiver? Oh and any helpful hints would be welcome as this is the first time I have done a Krink.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:36:55 PM EDT
[#1]
What part of the gun do you need a template for?

Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:53:32 PM EDT
[#2]
The reciver will work with minor modifications.

Open up mag well....Dremil or file.

Grind down ejector.
Link Posted: 5/1/2009 1:54:25 PM EDT
[#3]
It's already a 5.45 receiver.  A Yugo "Krinkov" is not really a real Krinkov, so I'm assuming that you're talking about building a 5.45 krink.

As you know,  building an AK (Krink especially) is a lot different from 'building' (aka assemblying) an AR.

The standard 5.45 receiver will need quite a few modifications.  You have to take into account that there is a folding stock with a specific trunion that is not used by other stocks.  In addition, there is a front latch mechanism that will hold the stock closed.  The front latch mech is located under the front trunion and protrudes out the left side of the receiver.  

Here are the templates and therefore the actual answer to the OP's questions:  Krink templates/blueprints  They are from the gunco.net library.

OTOH, if you're talking about building one of those Yugo M92's, you're on you own.  You're better off just buying an NDS receiver (if you can get one).  You're probably better off getting an NDS receiver either way-

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 8:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
It will work with a little modification.   Here's another problem though, does he plan to extend the barrel to 16 inches permanently?  His receiver was probably registered as a rifle, so unless he SBR's the gun, if he uses it to build a pistol, its a Federal crime your helping him with.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#5]
your better off getting the right reciever unless you are really good at sheetmetal work. like mentioned the templates are out there, front and rear, given you already have a 5.45 reciever

plus like the other chap stated..........best make sure you are an SBR state !!
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:04:59 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the link to the Templates NH is an SBR State
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 11:20:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
It will work with a little modification.   Here's another problem though, does he plan to extend the barrel to 16 inches permanently?  His receiver was probably registered as a rifle, so unless he SBR's the gun, if he uses it to build a pistol, its a Federal crime your helping him with.

There's always one in the bunch

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top