Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/1/2006 3:05:51 AM EDT
I thought these things were semi-auto originally, but the FCG that comes with the kits has 3 pins and a couple pieces more than what is pictured in any FCG tutorial I can find. Anyone know what the deal is?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:15:28 AM EDT
[#1]
They made them semi-auto by grinding the tail off the disconnector.  The rest of the parts were the same.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 4:35:58 AM EDT
[#2]
So, 922r aside, these would be legal to install?
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 5:27:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Not the third pin.  They're not 922 compliant, but you can use the trigger/hammer pins, trigger, hammer, disconnector (if no tail) if you want.  You just need to make it 922 compliant via other parts if you want to use the original FCG.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 9:18:40 AM EDT
[#4]
The third pin is a NFA item when installled with or without the trip sear. No third holes for any reason. Replacing the FCG is an easy route to being 922R compliant. Club FED is not where I want to spend the rest of my life, nor do you!!!!!!

Quoted:
Not the third pin.  They're not 922 compliant, but you can use the trigger/hammer pins, trigger, hammer, disconnector (if no tail) if you want.  You just need to make it 922 compliant via other parts if you want to use the original FCG.

Link Posted: 4/1/2006 10:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Oh, no way am I drilling a third hole. Since I posted this morning I went and got a Tapco G2 so now I see how easy that is. Thanks for the help.

Edit: Hey, I've got a question about the G2 FCG: When I pull the charging handle all the way back, it holds open. Is this a design feature or do I need to ground something down to make it cycle smoother?

I assembled my very first build this morning and put a magazine through her. The first few rounds the bolt held open and I had to slam it shut between rounds. THe last 20 or so went off without a hitch. Maybe it just needs some breaking in but I mean when you pull that handle all the way back, it is FIRMLY held open and it takes a brisk butt of the palm to get her to close.

Thanks again. I'll post pics when I get the wood done and the moly.
Link Posted: 4/1/2006 3:50:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Sometimes we have to grind a little off the top of the hammer to let the bolt slide past unhindered.  Before you do this take a look at your hammer as it sits against the firing pin and make a mark on the hammer so that you don't remove any of the hammer face where it contacts the firing pin.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top