Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 4/8/2006 9:09:05 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 9:16:17 AM EDT by Rustygun]
Yesterday I looked at an Armory USA AK. It is the first one I have ever actually gotten a look at. The same store had Yugo underfolders. When I peered into the Yugo underfolder I saw cast hammer, single hook trigger, etc. I didn't like the looks of that.
I didn't get to look at the Armory gun as much because it was getting passed around and I ended up having to go before I could look at it more. What kind of parts are in the Armory gun?
What is their reputation? They look nice.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:16:41 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rustygun:
Yesterday I looked at an Armory USA AK. It is the first one I have ever actually gotten a look at. The same store had Yugo underfolders. When I peered into the Yugo underfolder I saw cast hammer, single hook trigger, etc. I didn't like the looks of that.
I didn't get to look at the Armory gun as much because it was getting passed around and I ended up havin got go before I could look at it more. What kind of parts are in the Armory gun?

If you're referring to the SSR-85C-2, they are excellent guns. Built like a tank. I had a lemon, but that is rare. They are made in Bulgaria with the Armory USA 1.6mm receiver. The only other thing I don't like, is the lightening cut in the buttstock. It really doesn't belong on an AKM. But, other than that, as long as the sights are NOT canted, you'll be getting a quality AK.

Bud
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 9:37:59 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Rustygun:
I didn't get to look at the Armory gun as much because it was getting passed around and I ended up having to go before I could look at it more. What kind of parts are in the Armory gun?

I've got two. I like them both. Armory USA imports the SSR85C-2 from Bulgaria like it was said above. They also make limited runs of other rifles, like builds from Polish kits. I got one of those (SSR85B-UF), and LOVE it! It's really just a Polish build on an Armory USA receiver, so it's not drastically different than other Polish builds.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:13:03 PM EDT
Just as stated above...the Armory USA SSR-85C-2 is a very solid rifle...very crisp trigger...It has 1 minor drawback: no bayonet attachment point.
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 12:52:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 4/8/2006 1:01:29 PM EDT by Mak]
Link Posted: 4/8/2006 5:59:44 PM EDT
If you do a search using `SSR-85C-2` you may find more info.
Good luck-
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 1:05:27 AM EDT
I purchased an SSR-85-C2 that I posted about a few weeks ago. Sights and gas block are straight but when I received the rifle the shephards crook was not installed right so the hammer pin was not held in at all. The magazine catch axis pin was also able to be pushed out easily. I was going to peen out the axis pin myself but thought I would call Armory USA first and see what they had to say. I called Armory USA / Global Trades and told them my situation and they asked if I wanted to ship the rifle back to them for repair, paid for by them of course. I took them up on the offer and sent out the rifle the other day. So far the customer service has been great, but the verdict is still out since I have not gotten my rifle back yet. As soon as I get it back I will let you all know how it turns out. Just thought I would post to let the thread creator know my experience.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 8:50:24 AM EDT
The bulgarian parts are ok but there are alot of other issues with these guns.If you think the fcg is good think again; I have seen many with trigger slap and most all these guns are far from perfect.One other thing they sure look good but, pretty is as pretty does and I will say if there is a problem you can get a refund;I personally found out it just aint worth the time fooling with 'em.
Link Posted: 4/9/2006 4:23:06 PM EDT

I appreciate the info on these guns. I am going to wait until I can get an Arsenal gun. I know they are built right.
Top Top