Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/2/2003 9:46:51 AM EDT
Well guys I went to the gunshow in North Ga to find a SAM 7S . I came across a couple of SLR 101S . They had the price at $559 . I worked two tables and got one down to $500 even .I personally can't tell the difference between the SAM 7S and the SLR 101S . Is there a difference?? I can't find it. I made sure the rifle was the one they modified to take double stack Military mags. I poped one in and it locked up firm and snug. I got the one with the OD green furiture.The sites and gas block is straight and the barrel looks New.I always take a bore light with me to the shows.Thought I would share, my first milled AK.. :) WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 9:57:55 AM EDT
Was it the Dalton or Cumming show? Did you buy from Classic Pawn?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:10:42 AM EDT
Yeah it was the Cummings show. I also bought it from Classic. The owner wasn't there. I was dealing with his wife and the black haired guy with the beard. They was nice and we haggled with the price. They( $559 ) said if I could find one cheaper they would beat the price.I went looking!!!!!! I found one on the oreintals table marker $509 . I went back and they sold me one for $500.Cool. I see where in FAC ( guns & stuff they have them for $490 . So I figured I did pretty good. Got a case of Wolf also for $80.They wanted $89 and got them to $80. :) .Not a bad day on the gunshow trip. I had to drive from Macon.230 miles round trip. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:16:00 AM EDT
Yeah...I've bought quite a bit from Classic. The other dealer you dealt with was Frank's Gun Shop. He's usually got some good deals too. BTW, the woman that was working is the daughter I believe because the owner and his wife were working the Dalton show. Judging from the mother, the daughter's gonna stay a looker!

BTW, good job on the rifle. Sounds sweet!
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:27:35 AM EDT
Yeap your right, it was Franks gunshop. Ive bought from him also in the past.Funny you said that it was his daughter I saw today. I saw her give him a big hug at another gunshow and just figured it was his wife.I said to myself ," He's got himself a young one." ha ha ha ... I hated to drive that far but the milled AK bug bit me in the ass. Ive been haveing trouble with a Bulgie 74. OOW reciever seems to not be holding up or out of spec. Its got me in the AK blues. I went today a bought me some happiness..LOL... I am thrilled about this rifle...She's sharp. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:44:50 AM EDT
I hear ya about the drive...I got the AK bug as well and drove 160 round trip. Hey...the owner of Classic there was an AD at the Cumming show today. Do you know ahything about that?
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:51:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Bradd_D:
I hear ya about the drive...I got the AK bug as well and drove 160 round trip. Hey...the owner of Classic there was an AD at the Cumming show today. Do you know ahything about that?

No I didn't hear anything when I was there. I left my house at 7AM and got there at 8:45 . I left the show at 10:30. It was a quick trip for me. Glad I got out of there before I hear it. Dam waste of a new pair of boxers...!!!!. I was at the Eastmans show last year that the kid was killed at. I happen to went to the Sat, show and he was killed at the Sunday show. Sad.... Bunch of idiots........ Glad you told me. What area you in??? Im actually in the Forsyth area.Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 10:57:48 AM EDT
I'm in Marietta...NW of Atlanta. If you haven't already, check out the hometown forums. We've got a pretty cool bunch over there and we do get together and shoot from time to time. In fact, we are going to a shoot in Birmingham on the 9th. Head over to the forums and check it out. You're more than welcome to come and join us anytime.
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 11:03:16 AM EDT
Thanks for the invite. I work everyother weekend, but I might land off on the right one. Sounds fun, Thanks again, WarDawg
Link Posted: 8/2/2003 3:51:03 PM EDT
The SA-M7 uses a US made receiver milled here in the States. The SLR series are imported as singel stack magazine rifles from Bulgaria, then adapted with enough US made parts to be legal with a pistol grip, and then the magwell is modified to accept military magazines.

The SLR also does not have a cleaning rod under the barrel.

That's about it.
Top Top