Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/14/2006 9:02:11 AM EDT
Hello everyone.  This is my first post in the AK side of AR15.com.

Just got my first AK and was thinking of building one using the Tapco receiver flat.  

Just wanted to know, can I use this type of receiver to build both AKM and AK74?  Do these rifles use the same receiver?  Also, could I use this receiver to build a 5.56mm AK?

I've seen various parts kits and these are all used/surplus/demilled.  Are there brand new parts kits available anywhere to build AKM, AK74, and AK 5.56 rifles?

My apologies for the numerous questions.  Hoping someone could set me straight.

Thanks

Frontsight
Link Posted: 4/14/2006 5:59:26 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Hello everyone.  This is my first post in the AK side of AR15.com.

Just got my first AK and was thinking of building one using the Tapco receiver flat.  

Just wanted to know, can I use this type of receiver to build both AKM and AK74?  Do these rifles use the same receiver?  Also, could I use this receiver to build a 5.56mm AK?

I've seen various parts kits and these are all used/surplus/demilled.  Are there brand new parts kits available anywhere to build AKM, AK74, and AK 5.56 rifles?

My apologies for the numerous questions.  Hoping someone could set me straight.

Thanks

Frontsight

Tapco flats will work with 7.62, 5.45 & 5.56 kits. There are lots of new kits out there some of the kits where built into rifles for the sole purpose of choping them up into kits. If your kits is advertised as excellant condition you should be just fine. As far as flats & compliance parts visit my site www.MidwestArmory.com I think you will see that I have some very competitive prices.
Link Posted: 4/15/2006 1:20:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Copesdist.com has nice kits.
The Duke is a good guy to deal with, I have had good luck and fast shipping, I like dealing with him!
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top