Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 3:29:53 PM EDT
I have a tantal that i'm going to be starting on soon. I have a standard 74 receiver on order. Can I use any standard 47 selector? I thought I read that the tantal selector will not work with the 74 receiver.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:58:40 PM EDT
Tagged for my own interest...

I just traded for a Tantial kit and I should have it soon. I will be building mine on a Flat and from what I have read the Tantial Selector can be a real PITA to get to work such that I don't think I have seen anybody yet that used it. I really like the build in this thread:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250108

Note this is a standard AK-47 selector with the left side selector being a dummy...

I need to get my kit and come up with a plan from there as without looking at the parts it is really hard to guess what may or may not work... I welcome the opportunity to learn from others on this
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:11:13 PM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:31:30 PM EDT
The Tantal selector mounts a little lower in the receiver. Also, it does not pass through the receiver as it was made to join with the left-side selector lever. Also, I assume you will use a std. after market trigger group like G2 or RSA so the selector will not "mesh" with those parts. If you do not wish to do some fabrication work, just grab a 47 or 74 selector - especially since you are using a flat that already has the holes drilled.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:28:05 AM EDT
Yes I will be using a G2 trigger group

Thanks for the info.
Top Top