Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/4/2005 3:29:53 PM EDT
I have a tantal that i'm going to be starting on soon. I have a standard 74 receiver on order. Can I use any standard 47 selector? I thought I read that the tantal selector will not work with the 74 receiver.

thanks
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for my own interest...

I just traded for a Tantial kit and I should have it soon.  I will be building mine on a Flat and from what I have read the Tantial Selector can be a real PITA to get to work such that I don't think I have seen anybody yet that used it.  I really like the build in this thread:

www.gunsnet.net/forums/showthread.php?t=250108

Note this is a standard AK-47 selector with the left side selector being a dummy...

I need to get my kit and come up with a plan from there as without looking at the parts it is really hard to guess what may or may not work...  I welcome the opportunity to learn from others on this
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 4:11:13 PM EDT
[#2]
tag
Link Posted: 9/4/2005 8:31:30 PM EDT
[#3]
The Tantal selector mounts a little lower in the receiver.  Also, it does not pass through the receiver as it was made to join with the left-side selector lever.  Also, I assume you will use a std. after market trigger group like G2 or RSA so the selector will not "mesh" with those parts.  If you do not wish to do some fabrication work, just grab a 47 or 74 selector - especially since you are using a flat that already has the holes drilled.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 7:28:05 AM EDT
[#4]
Yes I will be using a G2 trigger group

Thanks for the info.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top