Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 4:38:38 AM EDT
I got my Tantal kit from Bob at Akron Armoury, and I'm happy except I have one question.  The folder,it seems to be missing a small spring.   There is no tension on the lever so I have to manually put it in the lock position when the folder is open.  Is this normal?  Or is it missing a small spring?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:59:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I think I understand what you're asking. You're not missing anything.

That sheet metal, wedge-shaped part has a tongue that puts tension on the lever only when the whole assembly is shoved into the back of a receiver.

Squeeze everything together, or slide it into a receiver, and you'll see where the spring tension comes from.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 10:53:17 AM EDT
[#2]
You might be missing a spring.  I got a Polish underfolder from Bob and it only came with 2 of the 3 little pins for the folding stock.  Bob said they would take of it for me so I have no complaints yet.  It's certainly possible for little parts to have fallen out during packing or something.  I'd give them a call if I were you.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:05:25 AM EDT
[#3]
He's talking about a Tantal. Richard steered him straight.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:47:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks guys, I was hoping that was the situation.
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top