Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 7/30/2005 3:37:57 PM EDT
I was putting a rifle on consignment and this "Kid" who works there comes over to the counter where I am working with another employee, and says " I did not think you could put a folder on a SAR1"..." Is that AWB compliant?"  My first reaction was to tell him to mind his buisness, but I simply said It has an american made PG, and Forend.... Then he says " Are the marked?"  Now I am getting  a little smoked cuz it does not %^cking matter if they are, we are in TEXAS, and I just ignore him, Then he says " Ya know those are about to go up in value......." I asked him if he was going to buy it? he said no .... I told him to shut up then, finished my transaction, and got a muttered appology from the clerk I was working with.  I get so tired of these ass hats.
'"
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:47:28 PM EDT
[#1]
They can be found in every state of the Union!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:02:48 PM EDT
[#2]
Sad to say that we have these 'asshats' in the great Lone Star state.  Tell me this wasn't in the Austin/San Antonio area...I want to avoid stores like the one you visited.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:08:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Tried the EE, I can get more out in the open aparently. I had ammo and alot of gear to go with it... so everyone was shy about the price.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:24:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Was a store with a range in PLANO Texas
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:07:33 PM EDT
[#6]
LMFAO, I worked in downtown Plano at Suttons, next to the Queen of Hearts, for 7 years so I know the kind of asshats your talking about. I hate Plano with a passion ...

Be leary of TargetMaster in Garland too, the owner there was alway's a major asshole too ...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:36:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Apache, where in MT are you?  Maybe I've asked you this before...
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:33:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:39:43 PM EDT
[#9]
The 65 Cent ammo sounds like Memphis could use a ammo store. A guy could make a mint in relieved customers.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 6:44:37 PM EDT
[#10]
I have looked in many "gunshops" for 5.45mm because whenever I'm out and about I look to see if they carry it, and how much.  I am usally answered with......

1.  We don't carry EXOTIC stuff like that, good luck finding it
2.  $4.50 to $5.00 a box of 20, shit man you can keep it on the shelf for that.  
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#11]
Well I've seen a box of PMC .223 and Wolf 7.62 go for $6.99 each.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I have looked in many "gunshops" for 5.45mm because whenever I'm out and about I look to see if they carry it, and how much.  I am usally answered with......

1.  We don't carry EXOTIC stuff like that, good luck finding it
2.  $4.50 to $5.00 a box of 20, shit man you can keep it on the shelf for that.  

I know what you mean, there was a shop in Jensen Beach FL that i would stop in every now and then since i lived just across town. Fuckers wanted $6 for a box of wolf 7.62*39! I asked if it was a mistake and boy did they get pissed! Although, dont neglect overpriced gunstores completely. You gotta stop in when your bored and look around every once in awhile. Found a practically new preban polytech at the same place for $600. So for the same price of the polytech, i could have gotten 2000 rounds of wolf! What a steal

BTW, anyone ever been to Guns & Archery of Jensen Beach FL? When i was in there buying the polytech, they had a bunch of Hitler/Nazi stuff. Not just like medals and pictures, but a Nazi dress coat with patches and stuff, and a statue of Hitlers head! WTF? I thought to myself, oh, that looks real good for us gun owners.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#13]
tapeo1 ...

I'm between Great Falls and the Rockies, I moved here about a year ago from Dallas(Garland). I went from a city with 3 million people to a town with 370 people. I'm a much happier person now, LOL ...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Dick's sporting goods (national retailer) was selling Wolf 7.62 FMJ for $2.50 a box (and this is in MASSACHUSETTS)- I bought all they had.

and they are selling WOLF 223 for $3.00! not too bad considering it is a chain company...
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:35:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Dick's sporting goods (national retailer) was selling Wolf 7.62 FMJ for $2.50 a box (and this is in MASSACHUSETTS)- I bought all they had.

and they are selling WOLF 223 for $3.00! not too bad considering it is a chain company...

Both can be had for much less, you know

Sportsman's Guide has Wolf 7.62 for $94.97/1000, and .223 for 104.97/1000.

I love it when gunshop employees/owners think that their ammo prices are good when in fact they're 50% over what they ought to be
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:44:36 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They can be found in every state of the Union!

Yeah don't feel special....TN has its share of gunstore assclowns as well! The only store in Memphis (a city of 1 million) that carries 5.45 sells it for .65 a round...YES that is correct .65!...you do the math!

Just got back from Northwest Arkansas yesterday - made a fast trip to visit my ailing father-in-law.  Stopped by Ozark Armory in Springdale and picked up some 5.45x39 for $3.50 a box, thrilled to find it at a reasonable price by the box.  I thought to myself "screw guns-and-assholes in Memphis" as I climbed in my car.  Wonder if G & A  would buy some of it from me for $0.30 a round and double their money?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top