Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Site Notices
Posted: 10/6/2004 3:59:55 PM EST

I am just a hair away from building a Krink!!!

Had a few questions.

I see K-Var has parts sets that look reasonable. Are these FA kits? Hope not.

Also, I really love the tactical black rifle look and would love to do it to my Krink-to be. Is there a source for black polymer forends? I'de love to get a synthetic forend with a rail to add a vert grip and laser. Or does it just get too hot for those types of materials?

Also, what caliber do you all reccommend for a really nice muzzle flame? I rent a FA Krink from our club sponsers all the time and it just BELCHES out 3 feet of fire!!!! I think its a 5.4x54 not sure. Smaller caliber than the 7.62, but much longer, non tapered case.

I want BIG FIRE so the caliber I choose I want to base on that 'need'!!

Also, do Krink's have the standard rail on the receiver, or should I just get a receiver with one already on it? I figure the receivers are all universal for AKM's right? I want to put my KOBRA on it too!!!

And lastly, I want to go the AOW route so I can have an SBR and not pay the $200 tax stamp. I will be omitting the buttstock, and would like to add a vert grip to the lower forend (thats why I want a synthetic forend so I can add a rail) If all else fails I will probably end up casting the lower forend in aluminum and machining in all the rails myself, but I'de much rather have the instant gratification and ability to take it to the range right away!!!

Thanks for any help!!!! Man I cant wait to build this little bitch!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 12:40:29 PM EST
Hey could you explain what the AOW route is?

thanks
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:40:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/7/2004 2:49:05 PM EST by METALMAN]
AOW (or 'any other weapon') has to be built by a class III, I believe. In this case, a gunsmith with a class III. What defines an AOW is a weapon with no buttstock, and a vertical foregrip.

This is almost the Krink I want to build; ignore the folder on the back

What it does is eliminate the $200 tax stamp, for a $5 one!!! You still have to fill out the normal forms, but its much cheaper if you are OK with having this type of weapon.

Help any....?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 3:14:16 PM EST

Originally Posted By METALMAN:

What it does is eliminate the $200 tax stamp, for a $5 one!!! You still have to fill out the normal forms, but its much cheaper if you are OK with having this type of weapon.

Help any....?

NOT!....................AOW is $200 tax to build then $5.00 transfer after that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 4:02:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By bgenlvtex:

Help any....?

NOT!....................AOW is $200 tax to build then $5.00 transfer after that.

Not if its done by a class III. Maybe in TX but not in MO!
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:28:18 AM EST

Not if its done by a class III. Maybe in TX but not in MO!

This is Federal authority, State of residence has no bearing. $200 + $5.00.

Check with BATFE.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:18:38 PM EST
Local or state laws outrule federal law. Local laws can be more restrictive but not less.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:21:26 PM EST
transfer AOW=$5
build AOW=$200
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 4:44:12 PM EST
from the look of the mag. i think that pick is a 7.62 krink
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 9:12:45 AM EST
If a FFL07/SOT builds the weapon there is no $200 build tax. If you build it there will be a $200 tax. If you have a manufacturer build it for you, the transfer tax is only $5.
Page AK-47 » Krinkov
Top Top