I finished updating my TGI AMD-65 this past week, adding a rear sling swivel. The process was simple*, and I used an East German swivel from KVAR for the project. Pookie's site has a diagram to help with the exact measurement for the drilling and cutting.
*except for spreading the swivel tabs inside the receiver. That was a b*@#h to do, since all my large pliers have teeth. After finishing, I needed to smooth the exterior of the swivel tab with the Dremel, since it got chewed up a bit.
Although it's hard to see, I applied a bit of Lacquer-Stik to highlight the trunnion code.
Following 1saxman's advice, I was able to clean up the wood quite a bit, using a different set of grips with which to start over. Thanks
That looks nice.
Thanks for the pics