Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/10/2005 2:40:48 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:42:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Who would have ever thought................................................
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 2:43:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:18:15 PM EDT
[#3]
That's kind of scary. What exactly are mercenaries (oops, "Private Military Contractors") doing in NO?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:22:30 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
That's kind of scary. What exactly are mercenaries (oops, "Private Military Contractors") doing in NO?

"clean-up?"
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:50:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Wheres all the girls gone wild at
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 5:58:02 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Providing Protection for those wealthy private construction firms who have to go into some of those shit holes to do their job and don't want to worry about being shot or run up on by some gang of morrons who hijacked a US Postal vehicle and raided the local Walmart firearm section.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:08:09 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Who would have ever thought................................................

I was just thinking that myself.  He's done this job multiple times all over the world, in some really fucked up Third World shit holes, now he's doing it here.

In America Louisiana.

I was born&&raised in Louisiana and can testify that it isn't truly America but an annexed turd world country. Not surprised at all at the antics of the NOLA natives.

wganz

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:11:50 PM EDT
[#8]
Interesting, isn't that the job of LE not mercenaries?

It seems to me that a lot of people that are there to "help" really get a kick out of this type of stuff.

Meanwhile, law abiding citizens are being stripped of their rights in the name of "safety".

What a sick joke.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:12:21 PM EDT
[#9]
What is the S.O.P. on use of force by a contractor?  How do they get select fire weapons?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:18:53 PM EDT
[#10]
pretty freaken crazy times these past couple of weeks................

Thanks for the pic Templar. Pretty telling picture of just how crazy it's been......
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:27:37 PM EDT
[#11]
Why is it that the wealthy are allowed to hire private armies to protect their property while the lowly peasants are being disarmed?  I guess the goons politicians of NOLA have figured out that they probably won't be getting the campaign donations and outright bribes that they're used to if their wealthy donors' property is allowed to be ransacked.

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:43:12 PM EDT
[#12]
This kind of work is done every day in the USA, they are call bodyguards. What is the big deal?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:48:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Simplydynamic from this board (also from blackwater) is going down there for security work.  

Some of you are sounding like bleeding heart whining liberals.  Relax and let the rich protect themselves and the companies who can clean up SHIT clean up SHIT without having to worry about being attacked or killed...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:54:04 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Some of you are sounding like bleeding heart whining liberals.  Relax and let the rich protect themselves and the companies who can clean up SHIT clean up SHIT without having to worry about being attacked or killed...

Yeah, you are right, fuck the 2nd amendment. Let's trade more of our freedoms for "safety".
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 6:57:36 PM EDT
[#15]
All I have to say is  Molon Labe  
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

I have SERIOUS doubts about the mental capacity and cognitive reasoning of people that refer to contractors as "mercenaries."

Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:06:46 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I have SERIOUS doubts about the mental capacity and cognitive reasoning of people that refer to contractors as "mercenaries."

But what the hell, fucking brain-dead stupid people are everywhere, but especially on the internet.

Nice insults he
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:19:56 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
This kind of work is done every day in the USA, they are call bodyguards. What is the big deal?

I have nothing wrong with it.  In fact, I think it's their right to do so.

I think there are already plenty of folks in this thread who understand all too well the point I was making.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:25:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Did you guys happen to notice how much of the piss and shit that katrina rinsed from the curbs and gutters of bourbon street?  It almost looks clean now...
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:38:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:40:14 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:43:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:46:26 PM EDT
[#25]
so what does this have to do with AK's?
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:46:47 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Interesting, isn't that the job of LE not mercenaries?

It seems to me that a lot of people that are there to "help" really get a kick out of this type of stuff.

Meanwhile, law abiding citizens are being stripped of their rights in the name of "safety".

What a sick joke.

My guy down there isn't taking anyone's rights away nor is he confiscating weapons, he's providing security.

I'd like to apologize to you, it wasn't my intention to high-jack your thread.

I know it's not related to what these guys ^ are doing at all...
It's just the whole gun confiscation thing just has my blood boiling.
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:47:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:49:13 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:01:25 PM EDT
[#30]
I think If I was there I would just put on tan bdus with some hiking boots a tan shirt, sunglasses and a baseball cap. Then I would hire my self as a PMC and then it would be all good right. They would be like "Gimme your guns!" I would be like "Sorry I cant do that, See I am a military contractor."  Then theyd be like "Oh, Sorry man carry on."  Cause thats how they got treated in Iraq.  We had some computer contractors and I did security for them they would be like "We're going into town and taking these guys with us." The officers would be like "OK, be careful."
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 9:18:21 PM EDT
[#31]
Guys,don't believe all the confiscation shit that your reading,NO is in a state of emergency from the worst natural disaster this Country has ever experienced.The entire area has been contaminated with a combination of human waste and industrial waste,even if the water dried up tomorrow,nothing will be safe enough to touch for a long time.The People who are being evacuated,simply cannot take their weapons with them and if the weapons are left behind,they will cause another headache for the emergency personel.

Learn something from all of this,look at the possible threats to your area,flood zone,tornado zone,earthquake zone,wildfire zone.........................................Have an evacuation plan and a plan to secure your weapons and ammo,just in case.But stop blaming the govt for silly bullshit.
Link Posted: 9/11/2005 3:29:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Still BS, and they are taking weapons..
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 9:47:55 PM EDT
[#33]
Hay I think its grate that this guy is able to have the proper tools  to do his job .

I have worked private security and all I was alowed to cary was a sidearm and some of the places I worked I would have flet better with my AR or AK or any kind of long gun.

The fact of the matter is that its a cold world and you need to pack your own heat; and we have  seen in these events  that ther are pepole that will exploit  the situation and there is a need for the private sector to protect its personal .

As for some of the coments about the police need to do this job well let me say that despite to all there best efforts they are over tasked on a normal day and I seen the police chef of NO on the tv talking about the situations that his offerse were haveing to operate in (fighting in wast deep water no drinkable water or food and running out of ammuniton) trying to maintain order

and my last word on this matter is that this is that last place I would hear anything nagitive about a guy with a slung Ar secureing an area knowing full well that if it was our neborhood hit like that it would be any of us trying to defind our home and our block
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top