Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2005 10:04:09 PM EDT
I was looking at a pic of the Tapco made AK mag follower and it looks like it would hold the bolt open on the last shot...anyone know if this is the case?  If so, how do they hold up over time being made of polymer?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:10:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Bump for day crew
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:27:09 AM EDT
[#2]
damn, only for 7.62x39
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#3]
And the answer is..........

No

I put the TAPCO follower in a 20 rd Hungarian mag, slapped it in my PolyTech and....DRAT!!

The TAPCO follower is much smaller in terms of the sides that go in the mag body.  There was some flashing that needed smoothing...no big deal.  At least it is stamped on the top: TAPCO-U.S.A.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:45:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I need to get a press and start cranking out USA stamped Yugo style followers.  I would make a freaking mint!
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:49:32 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
And the answer is..........

No

+1
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I need to get a press and start cranking out USA stamped Yugo style followers.  I would make a freaking mint!

You will also have to grind out the dimples in most mag bodies which keep the follower from rising as high as it can in the dimple-less Yugo mags.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top