Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
11/20/2019 5:07:11 PM
Posted: 9/25/2009 11:18:05 AM EST
http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/Polish_Radom_AK47_30rd_7.62x39_Synthetic_Magazine.html

AIM lists them as new synthetics made at Radom arsenal in Poland. Has anyone ever heard of these? The Poles haven't used 7.62x39 rifles in decades. Were they made in the 80's and stored until now, or are they new production for the American market?
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 12:14:08 PM EST
I liked the looks till it said no metal locking lugs...
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 1:08:40 PM EST
Yeah, if they had metal locking lugs, fore and aft, I'd be all over them like white on rice.

As is, commie steel mags can be had for the same price if not cheaper. Those can be taken out by denting but they are still hella tough. BSW
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 3:49:28 PM EST
When my brother was in Iraq they were getting 762x39 ammo from Poland and were using that for their training of Iraqi policeman. I wouldn't be suprised if they still made 545 tantals for export too.
Link Posted: 9/25/2009 4:58:27 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/25/2009 5:10:33 PM EST by Mateba]
Originally Posted By briansmithwins:
Yeah, if they had metal locking lugs, fore and aft, I'd be all over them like white on rice.

As is, commie steel mags can be had for the same price if not cheaper. Those can be taken out by denting but they are still hella tough. BSW

The front lug is the real weak link though in the AK mag design. For instance Tapco's all polymer mag will hold up when dropped on the muzzle (where the rear lug is stressed), but will break off when the rifle is dropped on the butt stock (where the front lug is stressed). The most important thing to me is the Radon's have metal front lugs. Of course I haven't tested them but they look sound in my best guess.

Link Posted: 9/25/2009 5:53:38 PM EST
I grabbed two for the hell of it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 2:08:10 AM EST
Originally Posted By Lion_of_Lincoln:
Were they made in the 80's and stored until now, or are they new production for the American market?

Based on the fact that the writing on the side is in English, I doubt that these were originally made in the 80s for issue to the Polish military. The Soviets would have objected.

Link Posted: 9/26/2009 2:12:46 AM EST
Originally Posted By LegionNorge:

Me too.

Link Posted: 9/26/2009 2:14:05 AM EST
Originally Posted By demusn1979:
Originally Posted By LegionNorge:

Me too.

In for 2 as well.
Link Posted: 9/26/2009 1:50:14 PM EST
I asked Bryan to save me at least 4 of the black ones.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 3:43:29 PM EST
I say stay with the steel Com Bloc Mags. They are tried and true.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 3:57:55 PM EST
I do like like the looks of the Polish plastic mags more than any other commercial plastic mag I've seen. If only they were built like the military mags.
Link Posted: 9/27/2009 6:22:23 PM EST
I'd get one just to have in the AK magazine collection.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 3:49:31 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/2/2009 4:04:22 PM EST by Clockwork138]
Anybody else having trouble with these locking in their rifle(s)? None of the magazines I received locked into any of the four AKs I tried: two Romanians, one Polish and one Saiga. I had to remove plastic from the back of the magazines. No big deal, just wondering.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 4:00:09 PM EST
I had a couple real military Polish synthetic magazines. I had to remove a little plastic from the back so that it would fit properly in my rifle.
Link Posted: 10/2/2009 5:53:46 PM EST
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 5:39:07 PM EST
[Last Edit: 10/10/2009 5:46:02 PM EST by DMGunn]
Two must be the magic number - my two showed up yesterday - they look great. I had to compare them to the only other brands of composite mags I have.... Tapco and Thermold, both of which have worked very well for me. I apologize in advance for the quality of the pics - yeah, I am no Stickman.

The rear lug is a bit thin compared to the excellent Tapco mags, and heavier than the Thermolds.

The front lug is re-inforced, of course, unlike either of the other two - can't see it in this pic, though .

These mags are built lighter in general than the Tapco versions, but heavier than the Thermolds. I don't see any problems with them at all - except that they are more reflective (couldn't use a flash without hellacious shine) than either of the other two - something you mall ninjas out there may need to consider.

I do really like the looks of these more than any other I've seen. I suppose I'll need to do some shooting, though - hate to make it seem like function is secondary in importance to looks........

Next order I place with AIM (love those guys!) will include a couple more.
Link Posted: 10/10/2009 7:33:22 PM EST
I love the looks of the Polish magazines. I had a bunch of the real polish military magazines, my favorite AK mags by far.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 9:08:50 AM EST
I bought three of these and wish that I had not. They will lock into place in my Saiga, but not in the Lancaster and not in the Century GP-1975. The fact that someone else had trouble fitting them into a Saiga means that I am lucky they worked at all in any of my guns. A steel AK mag costs $10 and will work in every gun. I had to pay 50% more up front for the privilege of screwing with these to make them work OR segregate them for Saiga use only.
Link Posted: 11/1/2009 7:40:41 PM EST
Push to Eject, AIM is out of them now, you can probably sell them to someone else and buy some metal ones.
Top Top