Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 4/16/2006 11:59:02 AM EDT
Im looking to swap out the furniture on my Romanian WASR-10. How do i take off the hand gaurds, and butt stock? Any information is appreciated.
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 1:10:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Im looking to swap out the furniture on my Romanian WASR-10. How do i take off the hand gaurds, and butt stock? Any information is appreciated.

www.gunsnet.net/Linx310/furnitureremoval.htm
Link Posted: 4/16/2006 6:02:33 PM EDT
[#2]
If the furniture is the laminated type, you have my sympathy. The buttstock on mine was more or less glued into the receiver by whatever coating they put on them. I hope you have better luck than I had.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 8:21:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Sometimes getting the buttstock off can be a real pain. If it sticks, pull the receiver cover off and remove the spring and bolt carrier. Then just beat the end of the stock from the inside with a hammer & punch (or similar tool) until it pops loose.

Also, be careful when removing/ installing upper handguard. Its easy to crack it.
Link Posted: 4/18/2006 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I broke my favorite straight-slot screwdriver tonight, using it to pry against the buttstock of a WASR-10 - it did come out though!
Page AK-47 » Romanian
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top