Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/21/2006 11:18:53 AM EDT
I did it. Just refinished the metal last night so I'll post pics later this afternoon or evening. I now have a functioning (safe and fire only of course) left side selector with the three positions and markings to boot. It was a bitch.    The Polish rifles must have taller receivers or SOME geometry that's different because boy was I surprised when the bolt carrier was smacking into the selector shaft! DAMN! I wonder how they really are set up? Selector lower in the frame maybe? I had to notch that shaft to clear the carrier in all three selector positions and design and make a REMOVABLE (for disassembly) "lug" to act as the actual safety on the left trigger leg rather than the right side. Then, I had to reshape the hammer and trigger spring to clear it all. BUT, it was worth it.................pics to follow shortly.............
Link Posted: 3/21/2006 8:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Here ye be.............I didn't officially put it back together but did this just for the pics......  

The selector and markings.

The modified and newly made parts.

The right side markings (just because.......... )

I'll test fire tomorrow.
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 4:39:48 PM EDT
[#2]
*insert HUGE applause*

VERY nice! wow, that just looks amazing! great work!

i hope she runs well for ya! and hey, even if it doesnt, that looks so good id be proud to just have it on the wall!

did you build it off an 80%, flat or 100%?
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 7:51:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks.  

I fired a thirty round mag full of Barnaul through it today. Runs just fine at hits point of aim also! The receiver was a Global Trades I ordered about 5 months ago with all the info (including matching serial number) printed on the bottom.
Link Posted: 3/24/2006 9:52:46 AM EDT
[#4]
Assembled and finished product..............

Link Posted: 3/28/2006 10:42:55 AM EDT
[#5]
So hold on here... you can activate and deactivate the safety with this selector without any trouble? How did you go about doing it?
Link Posted: 3/29/2006 3:20:31 PM EDT
[#6]
man..very nice work!!!
Page AK-47 » Polish
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top