Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/20/2005 12:56:09 PM EDT
I've been doing some research on com-bloc weapons and have been unable to find out if there are any parts interchangeability issues for the multiple AK variants that exist.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:02:36 PM EDT
On compatibility,you run into problems with milled vs stamped such as buttstocks,and there are some differences in AK74 parts and AKM parts.I know this answer is kinda vague but your question covers several different variations from several different Countries.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:14:29 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/20/2005 1:15:36 PM EDT by socandyman]
if your talking strictly euro aks
yugos are about the only 1's that are diff (rec,trunnion,bbl,gas system,hg's,butt)
if your talking all aks chicom are also diff (rec,bbl,mags,hg's,butt,bolt,trunnion) some parts will interchange some wont

also the bolt,bolt carrier,bbl, trunnion and rec wont interchange between the 47-74-556
but the rest of the parts will
hope this helps atleast alittle
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:15:16 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JOHNO:
On compatibility,you run into problems with milled vs stamped such as buttstocks,and there are some differences in AK74 parts and AKM parts.I know this answer is kinda vague but your question covers several different variations from several different Countries.

Sorry about that I'll be more specific. Firing pins, Hammers, sears, triggers, bolts (do they need to be headspaced or are they like the AR) basically internal parts to keep them going in the field.

My experience with the AK Platform is limited. I can field strip them and shoot them, but that's it.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:18:36 PM EDT
fireing pins are most all the same
there are some that are spring loaded (chicome i think)
and bolts you cant change without headspaceing or atleast checking
all other parts are the same
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 1:26:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By socandyman:
fireing pins are most all the same
there are some that are spring loaded (chicome i think)
and bolts you cant change without headspaceing or atleast checking
all other parts are the same

OK that helps a lot, Thanks!
Top Top