Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/26/2004 3:03:35 AM EDT
Well, it looks as though my AIMS-74 project isn't going to fly unless I use a US made receiver.  I can't get the parts count right to have all the necessary features.  I'm ok with having to use a black US pistol grip, but when I add the Romy compensator, I have to lose the Romy handguards.  I'm not keen on the floorplate follower thing either.  I've decided I'm just going to use plum US handguards and a plum US pistol grip with the Romy sidefolder.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 3:22:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:36:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Re: Struggling with parts count

Bradd, here's what I'm thinking. A U.S. made laminate pistol grip could be stained a pretty close match to the Romanian plastic. (probably alot easier than trying to match the yellow laminate finish) That, in conjunction with basic compliance parts (fcg & piston) and a U.S. 22mm brake should have my rifle in check for the folder while keeping the laminate pistol grip forend. I could still add the bakelite upper hg as the forend counts as 1 part.

At least that's the plan.

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:30:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 2:32:54 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Good starts for US brakes are ak-103.com (Chris) and investmentgradefirearms (Jason)

I'll definitely check them out.

Does anybody know if the 22mm compensator from Global Trades is chrome-lined and dimensionally correct?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 3:20:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Does anybody know if the 22mm compensator from Global Trades is chrome-lined and dimensionally correct?

No, it's not chromed.

Dimensionally it seems closest to the Russian design- meaning a little shorter and fatter than a Romanian.

Here's the Global Trades '74 brake
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you figure out to get it done?

Have a pic?
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top