Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/15/2003 6:02:39 PM EDT
After much head-scratching, gnashing of teeth, and hard decisions; a pair of Dr. Kalashnikov’s brainchildren properly configured, IMHO, for effective inter-personal (or international) conflict resolution.

Loyal, reliable old Polytech Legend AK47

Young, frisky ORF/Bulgie AK74

Both are rigged to accept quick-detach Surefire lights. Takes five seconds to mount up when it gets dark and can be dismounted in like time when you don’t need the Illumination or weight. This arrangement permits the use of one light for multiple rifles. (Good shit!)

Both are rigged with CQB Solutions CST slings; they let you use the gun off both shoulders. (Real good shit!)

Both are fitted with Tapco/Minimi pistol grips and RSA trigger groups. The pistol grips are pretty obvious in the pictures but, you’ll have to squint to see the fire-control components. This combo does injure the authenticity some but, completely transforms shootability and cuts time-on-target way down. The grips also give you someplace to stash spare batteries. (Extremely good shit!)

The 74 carries a Kobra EKP-1S-03M; the better, I believe, of the two Kobra options. (Pretty decent shit.)

The 47 is topped with an Ultimak and older Aimpoint 5000. I havn’t been able to distract the wife long enough to snatch the Comp 2 off her AR. The Aimpoint’s optical clarity, reticle clarity, and position on the gun are far superior to the Kobra. The Ultimak mount lets the electronic sight co-witnesses with the iron sights. However, it does make the gun more nose-heavy than it already is. (Damn fine shit!)

I’ve got a set of Kvar black plastic I may slap on the Legend. Opinions? Votes? Yes, that is an old Fabian Bros. Muzzle brake/flash suppressor. Yes, it performs both functions a great deal better than no device at all. And no, you can’t have it.

Now, if I can just get the guys at JoeKen to cough up those 20 round 5.45 magazines….

Link Posted: 9/15/2003 6:14:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Lookin' good.

I'm more of an authenticity kind of guy....I like my Legends to look like, well, Legends; but for what you are using it for, you've set it up well.

Since you've already gone that far, I'd say hell yeah put some K-Var synthetic furniture on it.  Can't hurt, only help.
Link Posted: 9/15/2003 7:09:09 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm an authenticity guy too, but I think the AK-74 looks sweet, kinda like this

As for the Legend... you could tack some tactical accessories on a Browning BAR if you wanted to....  

sorry, I just think the Legend is pretty much an old-school Kalashnikov, and trying to make it tactical is like dressing Clint Eastwood in baggy pants and a hoody, IMO.  

But then the AK-74 looks positively badass!

Link Posted: 9/17/2003 6:02:08 PM EDT
[#3]
This thread died too young, let's bring it back.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:07:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Bunch 'O' useles junk IMO..In close quarters you dont even need sights...While your turnin your red dot on, or flashlight or fidjeting with batteries, I've smoked you!!
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 10:16:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't know about CQB, but that 74 would be great for nightime varmit hunting.  Someone should figure out how to mount a drink holder.
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:17:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/18/2003 4:30:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Bunch 'O' useles junk IMO..In close quarters you dont even need sights...While your turnin your red dot on, or flashlight or fidjeting with batteries, I've smoked you!!

Nice response.....I like it.

KF
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top