Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 11/1/2006 10:41:53 PM EDT
Help me out, I'm not much of an AK guy.

My Saiga 12 has a black US made NATO length stock, which doesn't really work all that well for me, too long, too hard.

What are my options for another stock, I know I don't need a US made one necessarily because I've got plenty of US parts on the gun. A folder would be cool but I don't want to spend a fortune or put Tapco junk on the shottie.

Should I just swap on a warsaw length for stamped and a recoil pad? maybe one of the skeletonized metal ones? plastic? Where can I get one cheap? seems like it's hard to find AK stocks cheap.

What say you?

I'd be willing to swap the NATO for something suitable too, IM me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2006 11:53:32 PM EDT
[#1]
ACE stocks
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:21:01 AM EDT
[#2]
VLTOR.

Easy to install and VERY solid, adjustable LOP, great cheek-weld, built-in storage capability and sling mounting points, and the ability to take a recoil pad. Only downside is the initial price, but you get what you pay for.

Oh, and it looks bad-ass, too!

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 4:52:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:13:10 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
ACE Galil type at riflestocks.com has a great combination of length and pad options.

I like the robustness of the ACE stock and the overall design. I didn't like the upward angle of the folder when used with the internal receiver block, or the jarring my face got when I used it on a Saiga-12. Others' mileage will vary of course.

Telestocks work.

The quality of the stock isn't nearly as important as the quality of the mounting adapter. I'm running an ACE internal block and "pig nose" thread adapter with a RRA M4 stock on one of my -12s, and it has held up just fine. That would be the setup to use if you also wanted to add a folding capability. The VLTOR is the most stable and robust telestock setup for an AK that I've ever seen, but quality doesn't come cheap. I would worry about the durability of the TAPCO T6 stock or any of the polymer adapters when exposed to 12ga recoil over time/use.

Romanian wire folder from Copesdistributing.com and US mfg replica grenade launching pad from FSE.

I use this very setup on one of my 5.45 rifles, and don't even like it there! Can't imagine running one on a 12ga. Ouch!

Or  warsaw stock and a 1" ak/sks pad

The AK stocks in general have too short of a "toe" on them for my taste, and the screw-on pads reduce this area even more. If I was to install a fixed stock on my -12, I'd still use the FSE grenade launcher pad.

My $.02.

Link Posted: 11/2/2006 6:16:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 9:25:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 11/2/2006 11:59:29 AM EDT
[#7]
I put a Bulgarian side-folder on mine, with the grenade launching rubber pad and I'm extremely happy with it. I think I spent about $140 total for the stock and pad.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top