Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 5/25/2005 3:12:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 3:47:41 PM EDT by Couch-Commando]
Hello,
I am new to this site. I don't know all that much about the AK type rifles. This may be a dumb question, and i apologize if it is, but i was wondering what the difference was between the stamped and milled stocks? Is there any way to interchange them?

Thank you in advanced,
Couch-CommandoETA: Sorry for not making this more clear, I was wondering if i bought a folding stock for a stamped rifle if it could be made to work with a milled rifle, and vice versa.I wanted to know this because i haven't seen many folding stocks for milled AKs.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 3:37:06 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/25/2005 3:39:51 PM EDT by Orange_Neck]
Receiver interchangeability? What are you- an AR guy? LOL. Milled receiver will weigh more, and some will tell you that since it’s more rigid, it’ll be more accurate. Theocratically, that’s true but the type of ammo we have in the US are not match grade. Therefore, I doubt the accuracy difference is significant. I have both. Though they are not the same caliber or made by the same armorer, they are equally useful for their intended design- combat or in my case- killing paper at the range. In semi-auto only mode, I doubt that one will wear out faster than the other.
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:37:15 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/25/2005 4:44:20 PM EDT
Oh well, thanks for the information templar.

Couch-Commando
Top Top