Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/5/2004 4:42:51 PM EDT
Just wondering what shape the kits are in. Are these the milled or stamped kits. Please correct me if i'm wrong but the Russian underfolders were made in both configurations weren't they?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:20:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 5:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
I saw some pics of one on here ahwile back that someone got from SG.  It was a total piece os shit and the guy who bought it was pissed.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:38:16 AM EDT
[#3]
IIRC,

Travis A. bought one and it was utter shit. (AFAIK, SG took care of him with a return....)

JOHNO IronBack bought another and it was OK.  

Buyer beware?

Sly

Edited: It was IronBack I was thinking of...
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:47:37 AM EDT
[#4]
YUK!

It could of been a cool kit.  Mine was missing parts (the folder, and few other things).  Sportsmans guide took good care of me though.

Link Posted: 10/6/2004 8:58:36 AM EDT
[#5]
I bought one and it is good. All #'s matching and spotless bore. I sprayed the wood with Castrol super clean and with some steel wool removed the old finish. The wood is Polish laminate. I'm waiting for a Firing Line threaded underfolder receiver that Mike said should be ready in 2 weeks. It's a 50-50 shot at SG on getting a good one it seems. JOHNO posted pics of some of the parts. If you want, I could e-mail you pics and you can judge for yourself. LMK.

Edited to say it is a milled kit.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 1:03:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Probably luck of the draw. Might be a good kit, might get a rust bucket.

Try Brad Paul-

www.auctionarms.com/search/auctions(1).aspx?&ad=agllcguns
www.gunbroker.com/auction/SellerAuctions.asp?User=id:120881
He still has a few kits. Might be a few dollars more, but you know what you are getting..
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top