Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Page AK-47 » Russian
Posted: 9/21/2004 8:19:19 AM EST
[Last Edit: 9/21/2004 8:40:09 AM EST by Schutzen]
Russia makes a sporterized version of their Dragunov rifle, it is said to look like like the Saiga, why are they not importing it here ?

AN 94, the newest Russian replacement for the AK74, they cannot afford to replace all their AK with it, a sporterized version, looking like a Saiga could be imported.

We should start e-mail requesting both direct to Russian arsenals.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:57:55 PM EST
From what I understand, the thing that sets the AN-94 apart from all other rifles is its unique operating system in full auto mode. I wonder if it'd be worth the time and hassle to semi-auto the gun just for importation. After "sporterization" it probably would be basically an AK-74. I'd love to have one, though.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:46:37 PM EST
this last winter russia was authorized to import like 80 different new models of firearms out of somewhere around 100 requested. there are appealing some part of the decision. what firearms were on the list are still confidential until it gets ironed out. i hope that sporter drags are on the list.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 7:53:13 PM EST
I don't see how you could make an AN94 a semi-auto unless you complete redesigned the operating system at which point it's not really an AN94 anymore...
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 8:03:34 PM EST
The AN-94 is said to fire a minimum 2 shots with a single trigger pull. Dbl, quad, and full auto as far as to my knowledge it's operating system wich is both gas and blowback dictaes this. I beleive it is incapable of firing single shot as it's systems are not designed to do so. It is said the shooter neither feels nor hears the second shot, also, the problems of full-auto cntrol and accuracy are virtually eliminated and the kill probability is doubled by firing two shots in one impulse as the rounds supposedly land virtually on top of each other in tight groups at 300 plus meters.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 4:29:56 PM EST
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:22:23 PM EST
Page AK-47 » Russian
Top Top