Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 9/26/2005 8:26:30 AM EDT
I recall seeing this rifle in the pics section here and drooling over it but I forget who owns it.  Anyways, I wish I had the cash to start a bidding war on gunbroker!

Russian Clone
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:10:27 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice, I wish I could afford that now. It's a real beauty.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:17:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Might be worth thinning out the gun safe for that one.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:27:03 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm no expert on markings but shouldnt the trunnion have the triangle/arrow mark on it, i may be wrong but i thought Ishevsk trunnions had that mark. Beautiful gun though, a real gem to any collection. McM
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 11:45:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I'm no expert on markings but shouldnt the trunnion have the triangle/arrow mark on it, i may be wrong but i thought Ishevsk trunnions had that mark. Beautiful gun though, a real gem to any collection. McM

He used the Saiga's trunnion, so it lacks the date stamp and Ishevsk mark.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:34:46 PM EDT
[#5]
he could've used the original trunnion, but the riveting would have to be redone.  Even then, the saiga receiver lacks the magazine well which definitely detracts the authenticity.  If I was the guy, I'd build the kit on a good US receiver, but with marking on underside of receiver, ie. before magwell.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I was the guy, I'd build the kit on a good US receiver

That's exactly why he used a Saiga receiver.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:36:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I was the guy, I'd build the kit on a good US receiver

That's exactly why he used a Saiga receiver.

The words Good and U.S. receiver shouldn't be used in the same sentence.
He did right using the Russian made receiver.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I think it looks great! Shame we are not able to buy real Kalashnikovs from Russia!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:39:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Are good dimples too much to ask for? When I get to heaven I'm asking God that question.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:03:59 PM EDT
[#10]
I remember seeing this rifle before.

It's nice but when you are willing to sink that much time/effort into a build...

...well, there are clones then there are clones.

Does that make me an amateur Kalashnisnob?

I can't believe I'm that stuck on mag dimples. Damn...
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:11:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

You're not the only one. I can stomach a lot of things - a mismatched pistol grip, a rear sight leaf that only goes to 300m, a canted FSB, a Muj beheading video, but I draw the line at dimples. Gotta have 'em.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:41:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Since he used the Siaga receiver he would have to use the Saiga front trunion. The serial number is on the trunion, not the receiver.
That rifle is posted over in the Russian forum and elsewhere on this site.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:19:30 PM EDT
[#13]
But wouldn't the new trunnion have a number too? Could you explain to me why swapping is illegal?
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 9:33:11 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
But wouldn't the new trunnion have a number too? Could you explain to me why swapping is illegal?

It is a catch-22 with imported rifles. Imported rifle receivers are marked with the S/N at the trunnion and can not be seprated from the receiver which is unmarked. Us manufactured receivers are marked on the receiver itself. So with this SAIGA in question, the builder had to go with the original trunnion. Also, the SAIGA trunnions are 22mm and he had to have turned down the barrel for the build.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:00:38 AM EDT
[#15]
That's very nice!
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:00:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I didnt even notice the lack of dimples in the build, while awed by the overall gun. But then again it's still one of (if not the best) the best rifles I have seen
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:11:17 AM EDT
[#17]
What type of finish would you say is on this rifle?
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:29:14 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're not the only one. I can stomach a lot of things - a mismatched pistol grip, a rear sight leaf that only goes to 300m, a canted FSB, a Muj beheading video, but I draw the line at dimples. Gotta have 'em.

Same here. I also don't think it's too much to ask for correct spot welds.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:35:42 PM EDT
[#19]
That belongs to a board member, xk319.   He said it was built by Krebs on a 1977 vintage kit.

I like it.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 8:17:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Its worth at least $1,500 with the extra furniture set and Krebs customs work.  Just got to find the right person that needs that rifle in their collection.

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top