Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 10/17/2003 4:34:18 PM EDT
www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=2ff84e202ed7f2f9d0f3cd0ad80fe83d&threadid=89635

I will have to subscribe to Shotgun news again (canceled my subscription after I read the first story about the gooch!)

Too bad they did'nt name names. Oh yea, the legal thing. LOL
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes AKM it is too bad names were not named, including websites. How could you get in legal trouble if you just told the truth about Gooch and the KAG fineing him and seizing the customers property ?

Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Since the suit was publicly filed it is a matter of public record, who was/is involved and what for.Who wrote the artical,Fortier?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:57:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but Fortier had a successful build from GG of Kansas. Mr. Fortier's articles probably contributed to individuals choosing that guy for their builds.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:52:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but Fortier had a successful build from GG of Kansas. Mr. Fortier's articles probably contributed to individuals choosing that guy for their builds.

Yes sir, Mr. Fortier was the author of that article.

At the time I thought he was one of the Gooches minions (One of the reasons I canceled my subscription) but in retrospect I believe he was dooped as well.

He only received his build after posting his concerns during the height of the Gooches fiasco!

As we all know, most (but not all) Gun writers cater to special interest!
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 12:45:40 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
As we all know, most (but not all) Gun writers cater to special interest!

NNNOOOOOOO

Gun Writers tell the truth, I know, I read the magazines.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 5:47:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 8:01:33 AM EDT
[#7]
With all these gunsmiths out there why don't we have a forum concerning them? I am sure that more than enough people have had kits built so why not get answers from them, they're the ones who know. By the way, I am on a list to get an AMD-65 built by Jayson at Investment Grade Firearms and he was upfront in telling me that it would be about 2 months before he could even touch my kit. All I did was put down a $20.00 deposit to get in line and when he's ready he will contact me so I can send my kit in. To me that's a hell of lot better than sending my kit in and trying to e-mail someone for two months asking if my rifle is ready or has even been looked at. With him I know that when I send it in it will get built in a timely manner and above all no bullshit.
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:14:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I sent an email to the Editor, Shotgun News awhile back asking them why they would be so irresponsible as to promote someone who clearly was scamming the general public....Got a nice response from the Editor saying Fortier was working hard to set the record straight....apparently he was not comfortable naming names.....

Here's the response:

"I think many were taken in by him, and I think that Fortier has been avid in
getting out the word on him. This is a chance you take when you write about
any small business, and some of the larger ones, too."

Bob Hunnicutt, Shotgun News

KF
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 11:42:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#10]
I know Campy and I keep up with what they say. Jayson is also straight up and answered all of my questions when I first e-mailed him about the kit. Another plus for him is that I was looking for a 1/2x28 to 22mm adapter for my SAR 2 and had posted it on this forum and .net. He responded to my post and had them available 2 weeks later. None of the other "real" smiths or vendors responded or gave a damn about it, just him. He gets my business just for that alone.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top