Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 2:50:44 PM EDT
I noticed that my rear sight has increments up to 1000 yards/meters....but, there is also a "P" on the left side under the "2". What is it there for? And should that be used for under 100 yards/meters?

I have a GP WASR, and it comes with the slant flashhider.....does anyone know if it is screwed on, pressed on, soldered on? There is a detente on the front sight base that fits in the groove of the flashhider.

Also, I just received my new KVAR black furniture and would like to know what a reasonable price would be for the wood furniture it replaced.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:20:35 PM EDT

Originally Posted By DOE:

I have a GP WASR, and it comes with the slant flashhider.....does anyone know if it is screwed on, pressed on, soldered on? There is a detente on the front sight base that fits in the groove of the flashhider.

Also, I just received my new KVAR black furniture and would like to know what a reasonable price would be for the wood furniture it replaced.

Thanks

the slant brake is lefthand threads,push in the detent and turn it clockwise.
you could probably get 40-50 for the wood funiture depending on if it is laminate or plain wood
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 3:32:34 PM EDT
Thanks, flashhider under hand pressure...wont' buge. The wood is lamo though.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:00:25 PM EDT
the romy slant breaks are on there really stiff, i tried turning mine off and then considering using something like break away to get it off. i decided i would have to get off the couch and so i kept the slant break on the gun and haven't bothered with it since.

as for the wood, others may not agree with me, but i like keeping all the furniture i can.
i like to dye it different colors, try some other finishes on it and have something to switch it out with.
by the time you are done shooting the rifle and you switch out the furniture it feels like you are holding a brand new rifle. maybe thats just me. i'm a little adhd so i like to switch up my collection. i recently pulled my poly set off and stuck on the wsar stock wood i dyed red, then switched it to the furniture from the romy kit i got that i'm working on(waiting to get to a drill press on).
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:16:03 PM EDT
AT 6 oclock looking at the muzzel look for a small spot weld or solder . Thats where my WASR and ROMAK3 were attached. Little work with a dremel and a cutting disk and you should be golden. Good Luck.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:26:01 PM EDT
My GP-WASR-10 muzzle brake was very tight, has standard threads(right hand) I had to use some wood blocks in a vice to get it loose, but now it screws on and off perfectly....beware, some posters here had a terrible time getting theirs off, and have done damage to the finish of the slant brake in failed attempts to remove it...I guess I just got lucky...annother unfortunate thing is that I don't think replacement brakes or other compensators etc. are available for the strange thread pattern(RH ,20X 1/2 ) Good-Luck!
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 5:36:00 PM EDT
I agree with Cigolon. Unless you just need the money, keep the original stock set. Down the road your taste may change back to wood. I got lucky at a local show and picked up a complete laminated set with PG from a WASR for $20. My SAR-3 just got a new look.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:23:34 PM EDT
The "P" setting is the Battle Sight setting,200 Meters.Its the farthest to the rear setting,the second setting is 100 Meters then 200........300.........400...........................
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 8:52:48 PM EDT
Thanks y'all. I'll keep the wood for another project down the road. I guess that means a kit.

I plan to sight in the WASR at 25m/28 yards. Do I leave the rear sight at "1" or the "P"? And will the same point of impact occur at 200 meters?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 11:25:41 PM EDT
mine had a barrel nut that wad a daub of weld on it I carefully cut the weld with a hack saw and twisted it off. 14X1 LH threads
Top Top