Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 6/25/2015 9:57:24 AM EDT
And neither of them fit my brand new WASR 10.  The threads on the flash hider do not match the threads on the barrel.  Any suggestions for an inexpensive flash hider that will fit?  I am really disappointed that the Krebs safety does not fit.  The relief in the selector that the hammer pin passes underneath, is too far forward.  So the safety always gets hung on the edge of the hammer pin.  Even without that, it is so tight that you still have to remove your firing hand to move the safety (yes I ordered the Mk VI for stamped receivers).  I installed the factory safety and it works like a dream.  Also, the Krebs HTPRP is an awesome upgrade.  

So now I have $60 worth of brand new hardware that I cannot use.  Guess I will eat the cost of shipping and return it to midway.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:30:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Do me a favor and double check the Krebs safety, make sure you put it all the way through. Some make the mistake of not putting it in properly, all the way. Seems pretty odd it doesn't fit your WASR, it should slide right in just fine. As for it being 'too stiff' this is a normal/good thing, you can always bend it a bit to make it more 'buttery smooth' as you need (hell just like you can with the 'factory' safeties).

As for the muzzle brake, 14x1 left-hand threads are what standard AKM rifles use (probably what your WASR takes). I'm guessing you went with some 1/2-28 (AR-15 type) threaded brake...

When I say 'standard' that really means the AKM (Type 4) pattern AKs out there, this is by no means the be all for every AK. I have 24x1.5mm right-hand threads on my AK, which is of the AK-100 pattern or style.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 10:49:58 AM EDT
[#2]
Which Krebs Safety model is it?

They make one for stamped receivers and one for machined/ milled.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:34:50 AM EDT
[#3]
It fits just fine, and I have the safety all the way through the retainer plate and the receiver. Its  the channel that the hammer pin passes under is not lining up. The edge of the safety is contacting the hammer pin as you move it to the firing position.  I should have taken some photos, as I am probably not doing a good job of explaining.

The flash hider is 14x1 left hand.  It is just way too tight to thread on and starts deforming the barrel threads.  By threading the factory brake on I was able to clean up the few damaged threads.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 11:37:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which Krebs Safety model is it?

They make one for stamped receivers and one for machined/ milled.
View Quote

Ordered the MkVI for stamped recievers.  Unless midway sent the wrong one.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:33:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Krebs A2 FH
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 12:48:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Can you send the gun back?
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:44:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Krebs A2 FH
View Quote

Looks like they do not make that one anymore.  Discontinued at midway usa, and I cannot find it on Krebs web page.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 1:46:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Can you send the gun back?
View Quote

I doubt it.  I have not even shot it yet.  Bought it new locally, so there would be some hope maybe.  Just not sure how the fitment of an aftermarket part would warrant the return of a firearm.  

I have an email in to Krebs, a Gunsmith is suppose to call me at some point today.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Looks like they do not make that one anymore.  Discontinued at midway usa, and I cannot find it on Krebs web page.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Krebs A2 FH

They may just be out of stock right now.  I ordered mine only a few weeks ago from them directly.
Link Posted: 6/25/2015 7:52:47 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 1:58:49 AM EDT
[#11]
If the factory muzzle nut/slant brake fits OK, I would guess that the Tapco FH is at fault. Maybe its threads were tapped with worn tooling. A smith may be able to chase the threads out with a 14x1LH tap and rescue it, but at the cost of gunsmith work you might as well just send it back and get something else.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 5:58:41 AM EDT
[#12]
I have 3 wasr-10 and put the Krebs safety lever on all of them I got them from Krebscustom.com , the safeties I ordered were for the stamped receviers. also put the Krebs sight on them as well . great products
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 9:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Probably most likely issue with the brake is that it's Tapco.  Damage industries has 50% off lots of muzzle devices right now for AK's  
DAMAGE INDUSTRIES
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:11:51 AM EDT
[#14]
My Krebs safety was the opposite, way too loose on my WASR with a gap between the reciever and the safety. I ordered a Romy safety from Apex that works fine.
Link Posted: 6/26/2015 11:11:53 PM EDT
[#15]
A2 FH with 14X1LH threads.  I've gotten a few things from this place over the years, they make good stuff.  If this one doesn't fit there may be a problem with the threads themselves, I've never heard of a WASR shipping with any thread pattern besides 14x1LH.
Link Posted: 6/29/2015 12:11:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Finally shot my WASR.  I was pleasantly supprised with 2" groups at 100 yards....when I did my part.  I am still waiting on Krebs to call me...though it will not hurt my feelings too bad if I dont keep that safety.  The factory one is smooth and I can operate it without having to completely remove my firing hand.  Still researching flash hiders, and now brakes.  The WASR does tend to punch me in the cheek a bit....120 rounds and I was done. shooting.  Looking at PWS and Damage right now.
Link Posted: 6/30/2015 2:33:55 PM EDT
[#17]
       <removed>

SPECIFIC TO SALES

1. Companies or individuals may not advertise or sell products and/or services in the forums without permission from an admin. (This includes siglines and titles.) Industry Partners are allowed to post sales or specials on a limited basis and also require admin permission.

2. Companies or individuals interested in selling or trading equipment should resort to the Equipment Exchange. At no time should an item be listed in any discussion forum. This includes links to auctions.

3. Fraudulent practices or attempts to defraud another person or group will be dealt with very seriously.

4. NO GROUP BUYS OR FUNDRAISERS WITHOUT EXPRESS PERMISSION. Please IM Striker for more information.

See #2

(there is a reason there is an IM button) dryflash3
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:40:18 AM EDT
[#18]
Krebs called me yesterday.  I talked to them for a few minutes and they gave me some tips on how to make it fit.  I got it in there and it clears the hammer pin, and I adjusted the detent so that it operated smoothly.  Once I did this, noticed the edge of the safety would not go easily under the top cover in the safe position.  So I twisted the safety a little bit and it fits.  I will run it a while and see if I like it better than the factory safety.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top