Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 3/17/2006 9:49:10 AM EDT
I "heard" that Promag re-tooled their poly mags for reliable fit and function, can anybody confirm this?

Also, Aimsurplus is now selling the see-through "smoke" mags from Promag. I wouldn't mind purchasing one to sample, but was wondering if anybody has had a chance to test them.

thanks,
Ron
Link Posted: 3/17/2006 10:03:51 AM EDT
[#1]
ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=84053

I have one of the older black Pro-Mags and have never used it as I had plenty of other mags.  I bought it to try out and never got around to it.  I don't see any metal reinforcement in the mags like the Bulgarian waffle mags have.  The Bulgarian mags at one time were going for about $8.00.  I bought so many at that price and a bit more that I ended up selling most of them when I sold most of the 7.62x39 rifles I had.  Big mistake.

The Pro-Mags are available in black, coyote, and now it appears clear.  I wouldn't order from Pro-Mag as the price there is twice the price of Aim Surplus or Copes Distributing.  Some people say they function fine, others have nothing but problems.  If you just have to have clear US mags they might not be a bad deal if they work but I would be concerned about durability.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top