Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2005 9:21:05 AM EDT
This is a little off topic, but can civilians buy smoke grenades or smoke devices, if so, where online can they be purchased.  

Not AK related, but just wondering.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:16:26 AM EDT
[#1]
Yes, I have 3 M-18's, used to Get them at the shows when I was younger in the $35 range, Now you pay about $50-$60 anymore..

I was thinking of putting mine up for sale in the EE so I could buy another kit, or a flat bending jig.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:55:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Yes, you can buy them. Finding them is another story. From what I know, the Military doesnt surplus them.  You can find plenty of commercial ones out there.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:25:53 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yes, you can buy them. Finding them is another story. From what I know, the Military doesnt surplus them.  You can find plenty of commercial ones out there.

I know for a fact they will surplus them, the prob is, they get used up for every darn thing you can think of, and it takes a while to get replacements.

I can't even begin to tell you how many times  I have turned Ft Irwin, and Yakima into a Training Rainbow.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:34:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:42:59 AM EDT
[#5]
Keeping it slightly on-topic:

Anybody remember the East German surplus smoke-grenades that were all over the market back in
the mid 90's?

Packing stuff to clean things up prior to showing our place, I just found two that I had sitting behind
some books in my bookcase. No idea why I put them there....

I do remember though that they were $6 ea. I only bought a few like a dumbass....
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:51:09 AM EDT
[#6]
A friend of mine in WA state had some on Gunbroker a while back ....

I'll check and repost ...
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Ok, thanks for the info.  I have seen some online, but they all say hazmat shipping charges apply... that sucks because they are already so expensive.  I would like to have a couple in my "homeland defense" kit
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:00:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Ok, thanks for the info.  I have seen some online, but they all say hazmat shipping charges apply... that sucks because they are already so expensive. I would like to have a couple in my "homeland defense" kit

A damn good addition to any defensive kit!
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Killer pic, JOHNO!  Is that an Ontario RAT-7 hiding in the black nylon sheath???
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 3:00:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#11]
Johno thats a really nice set up you have there. I have a Romie kit with side folder just like yours with InRange right now. Nice set up.......WarDawg
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:55:14 PM EDT
[#12]
My question is how "traceable" are they?

If I let a few off how quick would they track the SN on the can to me?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 9:57:03 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Why?  Are you planning a heist?  Popping smoke for your getaway helo?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 10:05:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
 Popping smoke for your getaway helo?

Link Posted: 9/23/2005 2:49:29 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Killer pic, JOHNO!  Is that an Ontario RAT-7 hiding in the black nylon sheath???

Yep This is my "Situation Elevated" basic load!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:27:54 AM EDT
[#16]
Stupid question, but do you keep all that illegal stuff in your trunk? or is it not illegal in your state for some reason? Or maybe you are lucky enough to have a SHTF dedicated Jeep (I wish)!

Thanks for the pics, post some more
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 9:50:28 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Stupid question, but do you keep all that illegal stuff in your trunk? or is it not illegal in your state for some reason? Or maybe you are lucky enough to have a SHTF dedicated Jeep (I wish)!

Thanks for the pics, post some more

Nothing illegal in the pics,the AK is unloaded and zipped in the case.The smoke grenades are legal as are the knives.The 45 rides up front with me,I've got a permit.
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 10:25:30 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
do you keep all that illegal stuff in your trunk?

What in that pic is illegal in your state?..

I pack darn near the same load out and Gen 3 Night vision in my truck everyday...
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:38:59 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Why?  Are you planning a heist?  Popping smoke for your getaway helo?

The barking dogs tell me: smoke grenades + suburbia = fun!
Link Posted: 9/23/2005 5:42:40 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
try the EE

ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=90&t=282500

DocGun is selling smoke in the EE.  He is outstanding to deal with.  First rate all around.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top