Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 5:36:41 AM EST
What's the best way to tighten up a slant brake that screws on just past the pin alignment?
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 7:08:28 AM EST
Most of the slant brakes that I've seen are that way. You can file/sand until it indexes where it should be. I;ve use a belt sander before, just take off very small amounts until it's were you want it. If this is a post ban rife, I think that it has to be blind pinned or sodered on so that would fix it anyway.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 5:04:21 PM EST
On a pre-ban? Just back it off until it hits the pin...I have two pre-ban Norincos and their slant brakes both screw on past the pin if I hold the pin in. I guess it's that way for a reason.

On a post-ban? Index it, stick a pin of some kind from the outside, through the index semicircle in the brake, into the hole in the FSB to keep it held there...and then pin/weld/permanently affix it there. Once it's pinned and set, remove the indexing pin..

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 1:47:28 PM EST
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 7:12:54 PM EST
Thanks for the info. Mine is loose and I thought it might be adversly affecting the group size. I'm getting 8 to 10" groups at 100yds. I'll pull it off next time I go to the range and see if it helps.

Is 8 to 10" normal? Any good ideas for improving accuracy?

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 1:12:12 PM EST
My AKs seem to shoot better with out the brakes just a clean barrel. They dont look as cool but I would rather have them shoot decent than look cool.
Top Top