Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2004 6:36:41 AM EDT
What's the best way to tighten up a slant brake that screws on just past the pin alignment?  
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#1]
Most of the slant brakes that I've seen are that way. You can file/sand until it indexes where it should be. I;ve use a belt sander before, just take off very small amounts until it's were you want it.  If this is a post ban rife, I think that it has to be blind pinned or sodered on so that would fix it anyway.
Link Posted: 5/9/2004 6:04:21 PM EDT
[#2]
On a pre-ban? Just back it off until it hits the pin...I have two pre-ban Norincos and their slant brakes both screw on past the pin if I hold the pin in. I guess it's that way for a reason.

On a post-ban? Index it, stick a pin of some kind from the outside, through the index semicircle in the brake, into the hole in the FSB to keep it held there...and then pin/weld/permanently affix it there. Once it's pinned and set, remove the indexing pin..

Link Posted: 5/10/2004 2:47:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/10/2004 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the info.  Mine is loose and I thought it might be adversly affecting the group size.  I'm getting 8 to 10" groups at 100yds.  I'll pull it off next time I go to the range and see if it helps.  

Is 8 to 10" normal?  Any good ideas for improving accuracy?

thanks!
Link Posted: 5/12/2004 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#5]
My AKs seem to shoot better with out the brakes just a clean barrel. They dont look as cool but I would rather have them shoot decent than look cool.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top