Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/5/2005 1:12:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 1:49:39 PM EDT by Retzam]
How much of a difference does the slant brake make compared to an AK without the brake? I am new to AKs and just wondering if it is worth the extra money to get a slant brake. Thanks for the info guys.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 1:42:30 PM EDT
Its spelled BRAKE. That said, theres no real effect that I've noticed in semi auto. Its on there for full auto. Really helps complete the look though.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:01:44 PM EDT
I've had the pleasure to fire a brake-less AK, a Slant, and a '74 style brake in the same day. It's my opinion that the Slant & '74 style brakes allow faster follow-up shots. The '74 style brake reduces general recoil considerably while also increasing the report. If you want to make your rifle look authentic and some reduction of muzzle rise, get a slant brake. If you want a great improvement on recoil & muzzle rise, get the '74 style brake. I would if I hadn't already bought a slant brake, and I wasn't going for the smallest legal rifle.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 2:58:03 PM EDT
I had a nut on my romy and went to a slant brake while at the range one day and noticed a huge difference. Never knew they did so much till I tested back to back. If you are shooting from a rest or something then its no real difference, but standing up it allows for tons quicker follow-ups. I could only imagine on full auto... Dont see how it could be very practical without a brake.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:59:29 PM EDT
I had a slant on my SAR-1 and it made a big difference when I was standing and shooting...
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:03:53 PM EDT
When I shoot my SAM7 Carbine I notice a big difference without the brake on. My Vector underfolder has a slant brake and seems a little more controllable with it.

You can always buy surplus slant brakes they aren't that much money.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:35:15 PM EDT
Slant brake is $15 @ Brownells. US Manufactured.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 4:51:54 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Readmenace:
Slant brake is $15 @ Brownells. US Manufactured.

That drops to around 9 bucks with my C&R license Man do they give you a great deal with your C&R
Top Top