Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 10/24/2004 7:52:37 PM EDT
I am interested in installing a slant brake on my 2001 SAR 1. Where is the best place to buy one? What is the best way to install one. My barrel O.D. is .55 . Is there enuf material for metric threads? Thanks in advance for the replies. Jeff
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:34:57 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 3:37:03 AM EDT
[#2]
interesting....guess I never put much thought into it....figured the SAR1 didn't have the space in front of the sight base.

Hmmm....guess I learned something today!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:28:24 AM EDT
[#3]
Campybob, thanks for the reply. Is there a post about getting/or doing the 14x1 left hand threading? Also how does one index a slant to be in the right position? (no crush washer!) Jeff
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:26:37 AM EDT
[#4]
Goneglocken,

Your front sight base should have a hole in the front side of it.

In this hole goes a spring and detent pin. They are held in place by the front cross pin holding the front sight base on the barrel.

The slant brake has a notch cut in it's flange so that when screwed on as far as it'll go you back out until the detent engages the notch. The slant brake is now properly timed.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top