Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 3/26/2006 8:44:48 PM EDT
Ok...simple question, with a probably complex answer.

Quality-wise, which AKs are best? Romanian, Hungarian, Bulgarian, Norinco, Yugoslavian, Polish, etc.

There are so many different kinds out there, it'd be really nice if someone would tell me which ones are of good quality and which are not. Surprised something like this isn't stickied yet =O.
Link Posted: 3/26/2006 9:00:47 PM EDT
[#1]
These would be my favorites in order of preference:

Russian - Don't own any, but have shot some owned by friends.  Very, very nice guns!  Wish I could get my hands on one without paying a small fortune.

Bulgarian - Milled receiver rifles are very accurate.  Again don't own one, but have shot several milled models, and liked them all.

Chinese - Polytech preban or MAK-90 Post ban.  I own a stamped MAK-90, and I love it.  My cousin owns a milled MAK-90 and he likes it too.  I am trying to convince him that the ugly thumbhole stock has to go.  The one thing that the Chinese can do very well is build guns!

Yugo - Haven't shot any of these, though they do look sweet from the ones that I have handled.

Polish - Same as Yugo.

Egyptian - Shot several Maadi's.  They had a unique look to them, but shot very well.

Romanian - Depends on who built it.  Some are good (i.e. those in the $500+ range) whereas a lot of the lower cost Romanians are utter crap (thin sheet metal that bends/buckels/etc.).  It seems to be a roll of the dice.  You will either get a good one, or you won't.
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 7:22:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/27/2006 5:01:28 PM EDT
[#3]
I agree with gunz4me.  Chinese build Outstanding rifles in the Norinco & Polytech.

These in my opinion are the best quality, have excellent history - collectiblity and are superp Shooters.

They are the closest to Military Spec.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top