BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 7/21/2005 10:26:58 AM EDT
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 12:55:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Shouldnt matter to much. Singles are pretty much universal and are a safe bet but doubles only take minor adjustments depending. Your receiver is the deciding factor if your receiver is cut for a double then either should work if its cut for a single then you will need to do slight adjustments in order to get a double to work. I have some for sale if you need one let me know and I can give you a lot better price than Tapco.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#3]
It depends some say a double is smoother but I honestly dont know. The extra hook in a double is for the unlikely senareo that one of the hooks where to break in battle. Ive never heard of this being a problem though. I wouldnt have a problem putting either in my rifle .
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#4]
From what I understand the single hook is normally used for sheet steel receivers like the Romanian AKs, double hook is primarily for machined receivers.  The flat I got for my Romanian was made for a single hook, it would have to be modified to use a double hook, but I hear the Tapco flat can use either one.
Link Posted: 7/21/2005 9:48:59 PM EDT
[#5]
most ak's come with single hooks
i like the double alot better theres theres a shorter pull to the trigger
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:05:42 AM EDT
[#6]
I prefer the double to the single.  I have seen a little side binding with the single.  If you want to go with the double, it is very easy to modify the sheet metal to clear the 2nd hook.  You can even do it with a needle file.
Link Posted: 7/22/2005 5:23:34 AM EDT
[#7]
+1  All doubles I felt were smooth .   Some singles were.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:15:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Redstar trigger; you don't need it and they are expensive but so nice. adjustable pull and love the two stage trigger.

It is so nice to pull the trigger and have it stop and then you know the next movement it will go off. Seems to improve the accracy too.
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#9]
I imagine the real reason behind going with a single hook trigger is because they stuck the rate reducer on the othe side of the trigger group opposite the trigger hook.  Not sure when the rate reducer was introduced, perhaps when the AKM variant came out?

For our use in semi - auto only, one can have a single or double.  
Link Posted: 7/23/2005 8:48:28 PM EDT
[#10]
You can file a little metal off the bottom of the G2 disconnector and it will create that two-stage feel. It allows the disconnector to come forward enough to contact the hammer just before the trigger release.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
This was a very usefull thred it should be taged. I'm going to get a double trigger now thanks.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:19:20 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i like the double alot better theres theres a shorter pull to the trigger

How is having two hooks going to shorten the pull?
That makes no sense, the hooks are the same as the single, just more of them.

I have rifles with both types, and find no discernible difference
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top