Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 12/28/2003 3:38:53 PM EDT
Ok, I have the 6 us made parts, (3pc TAPCO trigger, Ironwood designs stock set).

Do I just mill out the mag well to fit now that they are all installed?
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 6:58:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Well, what kind of receiver do you have? a stamped? or a milled? If it's stamped, you can use a dremel to enlarge the magwell. Measure the width of a mag, then measure the width of your existing magwell. The difference between the 2 is the amount you have to cut out. Divide that figure in half, measure out from each side of magwell and mark, then cut carefully with the dremel. When you are finished, the mag may not fit, just work with a file and work the hispots down till mag slips in.
         OJF
Link Posted: 12/29/2003 3:25:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, it is stamped.

I just wanted to check the legality before I started grinding.

Link Posted: 12/29/2003 8:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top