Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 8/20/2005 1:57:56 PM EDT
Just finished my second riveted gun- a Bulg 74.

Everything went smooth until test firing. I never saw an AK malfunction like this. Stovepipes, FTE, sometimes the empty case made it's way all the way back into the receiver on top of the hammer.

I figured out that the case was not contacting the ejector. Close examination shows that I trimmed the ejector just a little short.

In an effort to remedy this situation, I tried beating the ejector upwards so it would engage the bolt a little. After a few pounds, things are better but only about 50% of the rounds eject. I still have room to bend the ejector up a little, but what I would like to know is: what are my options I prefer a no-weld solution but can do that if necessary.

Whoever told me tolerances on a 74 were tighter than 47's was absolutely right!
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 8:08:26 AM EDT

Originally Posted By Eyegun:
Just finished my second riveted gun- a Bulg 74.

Everything went smooth until test firing. I never saw an AK malfunction like this. Stovepipes, FTE, sometimes the empty case made it's way all the way back into the receiver on top of the hammer.

I figured out that the case was not contacting the ejector. Close examination shows that I trimmed the ejector just a little short.

In an effort to remedy this situation, I tried beating the ejector upwards so it would engage the bolt a little. After a few pounds, things are better but only about 50% of the rounds eject. I still have room to bend the ejector up a little, but what I would like to know is: what are my options I prefer a no-weld solution but can do that if necessary.

Whoever told me tolerances on a 74 were tighter than 47's was absolutely right!

When I built my 74 there was NO rail trimming involved. So if you trimmed any at all, you probably trimmed too much. The only suggestion that I can make, one that has worked great for me, is to build the ejector up with weld, then shape it.
Top Top