Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 6/16/2006 6:20:36 PM EDT
My first rifle was a romanian wasr but I sold it a year later to buy parts to start building my first AR now im going back to AK clones, but now ive come to learn most retailers are running low or puting you on backorder for months.

I know it quite a bit more expensive but will pretty much any Gunshop be able to order me some of the domestically made Federal. Ive read in previous posts of guys buying a AK clone and not being able to shoot it for months.

So Is there any avalability issues with the Federal or can I walk into the store and have a case of it on its way with my new WASR or Saiga?
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:48:56 PM EDT
[#1]
ammoman.com has it in stock for $375 shipped. It's pricey but the best deal I've seen for the federal.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 7:50:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Forgot to add that wideners.com actually has wolf in stock for much less.
Link Posted: 6/16/2006 9:15:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Outdoormarksman has Wolf in stock too.

www.outdoormarksman.com/
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 4:46:28 AM EDT
[#4]
I do not use brass cased ammo in my AK's. Ive had shells break in the chamber and stove-pipe in both of them using brass. I have not had one misfire using steel cased ammo.
Link Posted: 6/17/2006 7:03:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
My first rifle was a romanian wasr but I sold it a year later to buy parts to start building my first AR now im going back to AK clones, but now ive come to learn most retailers are running low or puting you on backorder for months.

I know it quite a bit more expensive but will pretty much any Gunshop be able to order me some of the domestically made Federal. Ive read in previous posts of guys buying a AK clone and not being able to shoot it for months.

So Is there any avalability issues with the Federal or can I walk into the store and have a case of it on its way with my new WASR or Saiga?

If you live in Texas go to Academy and buy Monarch 7.62 x 39(Barnaul). Its great ammo and only cost $77 after tax fot 500 rounds.
There must be an Academay near you, the one I went to had 25 500 round boxes in stock.

www.academy.com/index.php?page=content&target=products/outdoors/hunting/ammunition&selectedSKU=0324-03600-7639&start=0
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top