Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Posted: 10/3/2014 3:59:56 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2014 4:16:33 AM EST by cochraneap]
Anyone else gonna do this when they come out?

Looks like it will provide the cleanest/lightest/lowest profile folding brace/stock ever for an AK pistol/SBR. Plus, the added benefit of being able to quickly and easily remove it or swap it out, for those of you who have SBRs and want to use more than one of the different stock options that will be available.

Link Posted: 10/3/2014 6:41:55 AM EST
I want to. I prefer that one over the sb47 based on what ive seen so far. Any idea when they will be available?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:00:28 AM EST
[Last Edit: 10/3/2014 7:06:16 AM EST by cochraneap]
Complete pistols (with brace) started rolling off the production line earlier this week, and are supposed to start shipping later this month. Due to demand for the MPX itself, individual accessories probably won't be available until the first of next year, I'm guessing. It's worth the wait for me, I just can't bring myself to accept the clunky look of an ACE folder.

The only question for me is...should I bolt on an aluminum rail section (like the one above) or get a steel rail section and pay someone to weld it on (hoping they do a nice job)?
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 7:37:00 AM EST
Interesting point. By looking at the brace it appears it can be installed on a buffer tube similar to the sb15. I wonder if that's the case? If so, I'd probably look to do the AK/KAK tube type install as it seems to be a somewhat proven method without the need to weld on my pistol (which would make me very nervous).
Link Posted: 10/3/2014 10:29:11 AM EST
Yeah, the brace itself (SB-X) should slip on any pistol tube, just like the SB-15.
Top Top