Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2006 7:45:30 AM EDT
I've got two Saiga's (20 gauge and 7.62 rifle) that I installed AK-74 side-folding skeleton stocks on.  How do I install the stock catch hardware once I cut out the slit on the left side of the receiver?  Pictures are preferred.  Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 1:37:42 PM EDT
[#1]
i'm trying to figure it out also, any help appericiated, there was a crude pic. awhile ago but i can't find it anymore.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:02:31 PM EDT
[#2]
There is a schematic of the dimensions at gunco.net  When I cut the slot for the stock latch I used a hand drill and a file, worked perfectly. Though if you have access to a mill or drill press use them as it will be much easier.  
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#3]
i'm not sure about smithwiliamr3, but on mine everything is done but i haven't been able to actually assemble w/spring, i can get it together without the spring. but when i tried to do it with the spring i wrestled w/ it for over an hr. and scracthed my rec. coating up and haven't made any foward progress. i got pissed and haven't messed with it for a few weeks.
Link Posted: 4/17/2006 10:50:05 PM EDT
[#4]
On hcpookies site you'll find the layout for your cuts, just verify the dimensions for your particular application. Set the reciever up in a drill press and drill thru your reciever into the trunnion with a bit just big enough for the pivot pin, then drill just the reciever for the base of the pivot pin. Set the spring,pivot pin, and latch in place w/ the tail of the spring sticking out the front of the reciever. Put a small hook on the end the tail. Thread a small wire up thru the mag well, under the trunnion, and out the front of the reciever. Hook the wire over the tail of the spring and, while pulling on the wire, guide the tail of the spring around and back into the reciever. Works great.
Page AK-47 » Build It Yourself
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top