Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:07:37 PM EDT
I am a total newb to aks, so please forgive the stupid question.

Can you mount an AK-74 folding stock on a Global Trades 1.0mm receiver in 7.62x39mm.

Since the stock is made for an AK-74, which is 5.45, is there any technical problems with mounting it on a receiver in 7.62???

I'm interested in this stock from K-VAR

I would like to put it on my 7.62 kit, but I'm not sure if that would cause a problem or not.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:37:16 PM EDT
[#1]
no one???
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes you can...

It will however require to be fitted. It is not a direct replacement. I will be using the AK-100 series on my Saiga conversion in the near future. Same lock up different stock.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:54:56 PM EDT
[#3]
I’m wanting to put one of those stocks on one of the incoming Romanian 7.62 kits I’m getting, as I understand it, it’s not a problem.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:00:56 PM EDT
[#4]
What kills me is that you'll pay more for that stock than you did for the whole kit............

Doesn't mean I don't want one too though!!!
I'm just afraid that it would be too short for me, and I dont want to spend $130 to find out.....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:48:37 PM EDT
[#5]
you can install that on any AK stamped receiver.......but the rear of the receiver has to to modified, with I believe a 6 or 9 degree angle cut, and the hole for the stock release button has to be cut out in the receiver.........then you will have to cut a slot for the latch in the front of the receiver, then drill up from the bottom of the receiver into the front trunion for the latch spring and pin. not excatly a simple thing to do, a lot of measuring and making sure everything is the right place, but it can be done, if you know what you are doing......otherwise you will just fuck up the receiver.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:57:48 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
you can install that on any AK stamped receiver.......but the rear of the receiver has to to modified, with I believe a 6 or 9 degree angle cut, and the hole for the stock release button has to be cut out in the receiver.........then you will have to cut a slot for the latch in the front of the receiver, then drill up from the bottom of the receiver into the front trunion for the latch spring and pin. not excatly a simple thing to do, a lot of measuring and making sure everything is the right place, but it can be done, if you know what you are doing......otherwise you will just fuck up the receiver.

well... I was planning on sending my build to a qualified gunsmith anyway.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:29:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Does anyone have a pic of a AK-74 side folding stock on a AKMS kit???
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:48:33 AM EDT
[#8]
The stock is about 9 and 1/2 inches long its a nice size for me but im only about 5'7''-5'8'' 145lbs so for anyone thats much bigger than me it would be a little uncomfortable I think.  I have one but I'm selling it to a friend because I'm putting the Russian folding solid on my Bulgarian AKS-74 Parts kit I got from K-Var.  Its the closest thing to a Russian AK-100 series gun and that's what I wanted I'll post picture of it when I get it done.  It probably won't be done until the beginning of the year though.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:51:53 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
The stock is about 9 and 1/2 inches long its a nice size for me but im only about 5'7''-5'8'' 145lbs so for anyone thats much bigger than me it would be a little uncomfortable I think.  I have one but I'm selling it to a friend because I'm putting the Russian folding solid on my Bulgarian AKS-74 Parts kit I got from K-Var.  Its the closest thing to a Russian AK-100 series gun and that's what I wanted I'll post picture of it when I get it done.  It probably won't be done until the beginning of the year though.

Do you have a pic of your side-folder on your AKMS???
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:49:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Dont have it built yet but im not going to have the steel one im going to have the plastic solid one.  i could get soem picture of it sometime id have to borrow a camera from someone but if you want those i can.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:32:17 PM EDT
[#11]
I put one on one of my Maddi's, you can't get much more AKM then that.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:33:43 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Does anyone have a pic of a AK-74 side folding stock on a AKMS kit???

Ask, and you shall receive............

The top gun in the picture is an AKM (Actually an SAR-1) with an AK74 side folding stock.

The gun on the bottom in the remainder of that AK74 kit. I used a yugo inderfolder on that......

Both have Bulgy hand guards.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:38:19 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL176/1171244/2214857/103595609.jpg

Damn dude!  The wood on those is beautiful!!

Details please...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 5:51:02 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

pic6.picturetrail.com/VOL176/1171244/2214857/103595609.jpg

Damn dude!  The wood on those is beautiful!!

Details please...

Top one is Russian, late AKM with side mounted sling swivle.  The bottom set is supposed to be blonde Russian, but I'm not so sure.  
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 2:05:09 PM EDT
[#15]
Here is my saiga side folder conversion with ultimak rail

Link Posted: 8/31/2005 5:49:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I bought that stock from Kvar and I'm gonna put it on my AMD 65 that I'm building
sence I hate the origional stock. It seems to be the same length as an origional wood stock.
It was a lot of $ but I got a good price on the AMD kit as it was missing some of the pins and springs on the origional stock so I justified it.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 7:54:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Terma-nator and Beowulf, who made your size folders (brand/country of origin)??? How much did you pay for the stock? Where do you purchase them?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:14:58 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Terma-nator and Beowulf, who made your size folders (brand/country of origin)??? How did you pay for the stock? Where do you purchase them?

Thanks

I bought the Russian one from K-Var and paid by credit card.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 8:20:21 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Terma-nator and Beowulf, who made your size folders (brand/country of origin)??? How did you pay for the stock? Where do you purchase them?

Thanks

I bought the Russian one from K-Var and paid by credit card.

Sorry... I meant to say how much did you pay for the stock? May fault.

K-VAR lists that stock at $129. I'm guessing that's what you got it for.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top