Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2003 6:03:21 PM EDT
The Mason Dixon FALer's group had a shoot in western PA over the weekend, so I brought along a bunch of guns other than FALs for others to shoot.

One of the guys was talking about buying an AK, and was interested in a SAR-1. Since I had one along he put a couple of mags through it, complained about the trigger slap (unmodded FCG) and was still consieringthe purchase as I descrbed what could be done to get rid of that particular problem.

Later in the day he took me up on the offer to fire another of my AKs and picked he VEPR II. He came back from shooting that one with a big smile on his face and said "It was like test driving a Cadillac after driving a Yugo!"

Chalk another convert up to a quality AK. He was also a taller than me (~ 6'5") and appreciated the non-standard length furniture on the VEPR (which was my original reason for buying it).

Link Posted: 5/19/2003 6:08:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Make sure that you tell him that a real Yugo AK is like a Porsche of AKs, not a Yugo

Good job sir, you are spreading the words and teachings of Mullah Campy
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 3:53:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
i love the look on an 'expirienced' shooter's face after they get ahold of their first kalashnikov!

good job, dave!

Yep, that's always a blast! (in more ways than one) Complete "newbies" are fun to initiate as well, the look of anticipation, the little bit of drool as you show them how to load the mags themselves...
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 12:41:46 PM EDT
[#4]
I took 3 guys from England out to a range that let's you do "anything, as long as no one gets killed". No one had ever even SEEN a gun let alone shot one. After all the AK's, AR's, 1911's, shotguns, revolvers, etc. they had permanent grins that are just now starting to fade. rocko.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2003 8:47:28 PM EDT
[#5]
I took some Germans to the range to shoot my AK and my H&K USP.45. The only words to describe the looks on thier faces is sheer joy. They left telling me that they aren't entirely comfortable with the amount of freedom in the US. It was strange to them. They never stopped talking about the AK bump firing though.
Page AK-47 » AK Discussions
AK Sponsor: palmetto
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top