Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/16/2020 9:48:49 PM
Posted: 9/16/2009 12:45:29 PM EST
Since it is based on a saiga, will I have any trouble replacing any parts? Just curious.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:23:22 PM EST
Mine looks like it can use standard AKM type furniture. I have to admit though that I have never tried to change anything out on my SGL20.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 3:56:02 PM EST
I guess I am more worried about the internal parts.
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 4:21:49 PM EST
Am I missing something? What would be different about the internals of a SGL20?
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 9:07:23 PM EST
[Last Edit: 9/16/2009 9:08:25 PM EST by Kurt_D]
Most of the important parts that are replaceble are standard AKM/AK74: hammer, trigger, disconnector, springs, furniture, selector, muzzle devices (23mm), cleaning kit, rear sight, front sight, dust cover, gas piston, etc.

Questionables would be in the the AK74 styled parts, mainly the bolt. Since replacing the entire bolt would require re-headspaceing (at least checking) and AK bolts breaking are rather rare; I'd be more concerned with the extractor. I'm sure an AK74 firing pin will work as well as the retaining pins and extractor spring, but I'm not sure if the extractor itself is larger/shaped differently than the 5.45 one. I know it's different from the AKM ones. The carrier shouldn't be an issue, you screw that up you've accomplished something.
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 2:55:45 AM EST

Originally Posted By Kurt_D:
Most of the important parts that are replaceble are standard AKM/AK74: hammer, trigger, disconnector, springs, furniture, selector, muzzle devices (23mm)(24mm), cleaning kit, rear sight, front sight, dust cover, gas piston, etc.

Questionables would be in the the AK74 styled parts, mainly the bolt. Since replacing the entire bolt would require re-headspaceing (at least checking) and AK bolts breaking are rather rare; I'd be more concerned with the extractor. I'm sure an AK74 firing pin will work as well as the retaining pins and extractor spring, but I'm not sure if the extractor itself is larger/shaped differently than the 5.45 one. I know it's different from the AKM ones. The carrier shouldn't be an issue, you screw that up you've accomplished something.

Top Top